Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Me7.5 a6 C5 bench diag faults  (Read 1554 times)
Groopan

« on: October 29, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »

Good day

I have a me7.5 from a A5 C5 . I have powered it up on the bench using the following connections

Vcc power pin 3,21,62
Gnd pin 1,2
Kline pin 43

I am able to connect to ECU via vcds but I am seeing the normal faults as a result of bench connection but some faults that look strange to me.  Here are two that I am not sure about . Can anyone tell me if it's normal on a bench test

18320- g294 short to plus

17017 - ECM power relay control short to plus

I was told to send power to pin 121 also however when I do this the ecu stops communicating with vcds and the voltage drops

Any advice will be gratefully and thankfully accepted
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 11:21:00 AM »

You need Bootpin so u need to open up the ecu and take a pin on the PCB or you solder a pin for reading writing on Bench

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Groopan

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 02:32:20 PM »

You need Bootpin so u need to open up the ecu and take a pin on the PCB or you solder a pin for reading writing on Bench

I am not trying to flash ecu yet . I am just curious about the errors mentioned above . I would like to know if those errors are normal on bench or if the ecu has a problem
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 02:36:12 PM »

I am not trying to flash ecu yet . I am just curious about the errors mentioned above . I would like to know if those errors are normal on bench or if the ecu has a problem
Yes these are normal … no sensors are connected and if you try on bench to delet fault codes they will come back becuse you cant shut down the ecu while deleting many tools for flashing do it after writing

Groopan

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 04:49:26 PM »

Yes these are normal … no sensors are connected and if you try on bench to delet fault codes they will come back becuse you cant shut down the ecu while deleting many tools for flashing do it after writing

Ok I understand sensors and not connected and no Comms from other modules so the ecu complains but I was unsure about short to plus from g294 and ECM power relay control
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 01:26:17 AM »

Ok I understand sensors and not connected and no Comms from other modules so the ecu complains but I was unsure about short to plus from g294 and ECM power relay control
That issue comes sometimes also with the NefMoto flasher tool in your dtc list u can delet it with vcds as example after flashing with the vcds or other tools

BlackT

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 02:57:02 PM »

Yes normal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: