Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First tune = Engine is going to melt?  (Read 3305 times)
cessnas

« on: May 07, 2020, 12:52:36 PM »

Hey,
This will be my first file ive modified myself. Its an HJ box in an Golf.
This is not an "rate my tune" post. Its more of an can someone check if im going to melt my engine thing.
Ive added the file and KP. So if anyone is bored and want to quickly glans over my file and see if there is something that ive obviously fucked up that would be awsome! Tongue
Ive got an K04-064 installed with new injectors and rods. Ive changed TVUB, KRKTE, TEMIN fueling wise, and LDRXN, KFMIRL and KFMIOP mainly load wise. And raised some limits. Timing is stock.
I'm obviously going to log loads but just want to be sure i dont blow my engine on the first run Tongue
Thanks<3
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 02:06:42 PM »

Nobody is going to want to open your bin.

Post a more detailed summary of each map change.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 06:55:54 PM »

Hey,
This will be my first file ive modified myself. Its an HJ box in an Golf.
This is not an "rate my tune" post. Its more of an can someone check if im going to melt my engine thing.
Ive added the file and KP. So if anyone is bored and want to quickly glans over my file and see if there is something that ive obviously fucked up that would be awsome! Tongue
Ive got an K04-064 installed with new injectors and rods. Ive changed TVUB, KRKTE, TEMIN fueling wise, and LDRXN, KFMIRL and KFMIOP mainly load wise. And raised some limits. Timing is stock.
I'm obviously going to log loads but just want to be sure i dont blow my engine on the first run Tongue
Thanks<3
If thats all you changed you may wanna go back and read some more. Stock fueling with more boost? So supper lean till bts kicks in then dumb rich. You have a ton of limiter maps you need to change too. Also your maf is too small for that turbo. So about melting your engine wouldnt happen on the first run per say that is if you could get a full run in without going into limp mode.
Personally id unplug the n75 make sure fuelings right l, add more fuel in lamfa, remove a few degrees of ignition timing in peak load, use a larger maf from a 225 or vr6 and port in that maf table calibration to your file mlhfm is the map youd wanna look at. That would be the safer approach any way

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »

Also thats not including boost pid maps thats a whole other part on its own

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
cessnas

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 11:14:14 PM »

Yeah, I've read trough the S4 wiki 20 times and upped all limiters that I can find. Forgot to mension that it's an 3 inch maf and scaled appropriately. I've not touched lamfa or FKKVS, which may be an good idea as you say. I think I've got the most of load correct except for KFMIOP, which I'm not really sure what's the main purpose of. But I upped the axis and redid the bottom rows to 90-95% and smoothed the rest of the map.
cessnas

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22:24 PM »

I've read about the boost PIDs and it looks like an giant pain is the ass. I've seen someone running the RAPP way and only using the N75 and completely bypassing LDRXN. This looks easier but since many of the failsafes won't work propperly I'm not going to do it this way. Isn't the main goal of RAPP to dail in PIDs anyways?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »

Just start from stock ldrxn, adjust it with small steps and log result
Nothing special here
Auriaka

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 11:52:10 PM »

^^ Best plan. Minimize your changes and your ripple effect across all the maps untill you have a deeper understanding of whats what via the FR.

Using RAPP is typically in conjunction with CWMDAPP set to 8 is typically done when you use IMX and DRL as a feed forward. There is a giant thread about it. I have still had LDRXN cut in on me with it configured this way. I would not reccomend doing it this way however with your current understanding.

I would not start altering codewords untill you go through the FR and see how certain settings are linked and what you are turning on and off by changing the variables. There is a good basics english translation that is available on here that is helpful if you go through it and have the S4 wiki on the side to kinda see the progression and how everything moves forward.

ME7 is like a web, everything touches everything else in some way.

Its a lot of information to go through, its tedious, its aggravating, and most importantly, there is parts that are straight overwhelming.. but the time and the effort you put into understanding how it is and why is going to come back to you ten fold with the results when you apply that.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »

Minimize your changes and your ripple effect across all the maps untill you have a deeper understanding of whats what via the FR.

This x1000

Change literally one thing at a time.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: