Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kess v2 Tricore Module  (Read 2357 times)
SlashProm

« on: December 06, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »

Hey guys. I bought a kessv2 clone a while back so I could tune my cousins car. All I ever needed was the OBD part of it so the rest of the leads and accessories never came out of the box. Today I tried to read his new car, which is a 2.0 CR 138 2010 A3. It looks like it can't be read by obd but can be written. After doing my research it has tprot so I don't want to brick anything. Anyway I routed out my Kess box and found the "Tricore Module".

My problem is that the lead that was supplied with the Tricore Module doesn't fit, either the tip of the lead is too small or the actual male end that is soldered to the board is too big. Is it worth trying to find a tip that fits and soldering it on. Or should I just throw the tricore module away and get MPPS/K-Tag for Bench flashing?
michelhadid

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 01:57:11 AM »

Hey guys. I bought a kessv2 clone a while back so I could tune my cousins car. All I ever needed was the OBD part of it so the rest of the leads and accessories never came out of the box. Today I tried to read his new car, which is a 2.0 CR 138 2010 A3. It looks like it can't be read by obd but can be written. After doing my research it has tprot so I don't want to brick anything. Anyway I routed out my Kess box and found the "Tricore Module".

My problem is that the lead that was supplied with the Tricore Module doesn't fit, either the tip of the lead is too small or the actual male end that is soldered to the board is too big. Is it worth trying to find a tip that fits and soldering it on. Or should I just throw the tricore module away and get MPPS/K-Tag for Bench flashing?

Get Ktag, proper backup is always good in case anything goes wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: