Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Intake runners on 2.0fsi GT30 big turbo applications.  (Read 1774 times)
vanrhj

« on: May 19, 2020, 10:33:23 PM »

Hi All
Need some info on removing or keeping these intake runners for big turbo applications.
How many of you are running without the intake flap runners on your big turbo applications?
Is there any benefit on removing them?
justinvw2646

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »

Are you talking about the metal pieces that slide into the intake ports in the cylinder head?? If so I know of one car (stock turbo) that after a decarb had them left out by their technician (me, oops). That was years ago and that vehicle didn't get them back until the next time the intake was off a year or so later. Everything I have ever read about them was to increase swirling of the air at idle and/or very low rpm for a more complete burn. To me always sounded like a bunch of emissions save the penguins kinda stuff. So all of that said I do not think there is any reason to leave them in there aside from a place for carbon to collect before it gets to the valves....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: