Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tranmission DTC code out for p0741  (Read 8723 times)
AudiMan85

« on: July 09, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »

Hi. So I bought this car 2.7 A6 and few days later I get code P0741 for TC.

Now I know its a problem and right now have no way to fix it I don't have the money. I want to stop the CEL from coking on so that if another problem arrises I will know cause the light won't be on or come on for the TC. I have to clear it every few hundred miles or so.

Does anyone know how to do it yet. I have talked to Dazq Dillinger about it and he said we can't yet as far as progress. He has already removed code for the MIL but it did not stop CEL.

Also I will clear ecu and transmission with vcds and ill get the code p0741 but no light. Then shortly afterwards the light will active and a full scan only shows errors for p0741 and clearing transmission turns light off.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
cerips

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »

From the Ross Tech wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17125/P0741/001857

17125/P0741/001857 - Torque Converter Clutch: Stuck OFF / No Power being transferred

Possible Causes
 Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Level not OK  Transmission Sealing faulty
 Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) dirty
 Torque Converter faulty or incorrect Torque Converter installed
 Solenoid Valve 7 (N94)/Pressure Regulating Valve 4 (N218) faulty
 Torque Converter Pressure Valve faulty
 Valve for Torque Converter Clutch faulty
 Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch faulty/worn our

Possible Solutions
 Check Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) Level  Check Transmission Sealing
 Check Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)
 Check Torque Converter
 Check Solenoid Valve 7 (N94)/Pressure Regulating Valve 4 (N218)
 Check Torque Converter Pressure Valve
 Check Valve for Torque Converter Clutch
 Check Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch

Have you actually tried to diagnose what the exact problem is?
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:43:23 AM »

Put a resistor inline of the temp sensor on the trans. It'll tell the car the trans never fully warms up, which will prevent the TC from attempting to lock, thus preventing the code.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »

I havent attempted to check anything else out other then it being the TC its self as from all the research I have done shows that 90% of the time you need a new TC. Everyone else says that you waste ur time trying to find out whats wrong other then it being the TC. I was gonna spend the $75 to replace fluid n the #7 solenoid n filter since my friend has a spare trans sitting around. And they say it could be loose wire inside. I'm sure with my luck its not just low on fluid. And I get a avg mpg of 17.5  by cars computer so if that's not normal then I'm sure seal is trashed.

k0mpresd

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 01:24:28 PM »

Put a resistor inline of the temp sensor on the trans. It'll tell the car the trans never fully warms up, which will prevent the TC from attempting to lock, thus preventing the code.

ohm value?
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »

I'd have to search, There was a thread on AW where someone experimented until they found the correct value.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

Ill search on there to see if I can find out and ill post it.

AudiMan85

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

Here is some info

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1745595

vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »

That's a pretty interesting soloution. Does this only prevent this one code from popping up?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »

It prevents the TCU from every attempting to lock the converter by telli ng it the fluid's not up to temperature. If it never tries to lock the converter, the code is never set.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
JHelmer

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 02:39:27 PM »

Did anyone ever figure out what ohm resistor is needed for the trans fluid temp wire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: