Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bosch MED17.1.1 - Audi RS6 RS7 C7 - Charge air cooling pump adjustment  (Read 1655 times)
race eend

Hi,

Been searching for some time in my S6 & RS6 damos but cannot seem to find the correct maps for the charge cooling pump for the RS6/RS7 models.

In the simos8.5 ecu's it is called:
"Dutycycle for control of coolant water pump, based on intake air temperature down charger"
ip_pwm_cwp_tia_scha_down

and:
"Dutycycle for control of coolant water pump, based on manifold pressure"
ip_pwm_cwp_map

In the MED17.5.25 mapes like:
"Ansteuerwert wenn Ladeluftkühler-Druckdifferenz zu hoch"
WtrPmp_rIcoPDif_CUR

and
"Bei Überschreiten des Schwellwertes wird die Pumpe 2 dauerhaft angesteuert"
SWaPmp_tCACDsPmp2Max_C

Are effective to have the charge air pump running for most of the time, so the charge air temp will be much lower (in the OEM state the charge air pump will almost immediately stop running when you lift the throttle so the next time you will start a new WOT acceleration the charge air temp will still be 50+ degrees).

In the RS6  MED17.1.1 ecu I can find this map:

Berechnung der Kühlanforderung für Ladeluftkühlung
“FanCtl_rIntAirDes_MAP”

However it is located around a lot of fan-control maps, so I really doubt that this is the correct map.

Is there someone here that has tested this modification to the S6/S7/RS6/RS7 models? Thanks!  Wink
prj

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 03:25:02 AM »

There is nothing to really gain, it already goes to 100% the moment you go near the throttle.
You could run it all the time more aggressively to pre-cool but with the tiny heat exchangers this also does pretty much... fuck all. The surface area is just very small.

With maps modded in some isolated cases you can see lower IAT when cruising, but there is no real difference when flooring it (and that's where it matters).

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: