Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cant read flash from h box ecu b5 s4  (Read 7803 times)
JavaCrash

« on: May 30, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »

Hello all, I was trying to read my flash with nefmoto, following this guide: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=

However I get this in return:

Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.

I am using the 800BB memory layout file, and my baud rate for my cable is 9600 for my cable. I don't have another ecu to test with, and I couldn't find a stock H box bin file to play around with. I am not the first owner of the vehicle, but I do know for sure it is an h box.

Another weird thing that may/may not be related is when I was tinkering with VCDS lite, and I do an auto scan, instead of controller: 8d0 907 551 H, it now says "THIS IS THE" and then cuts off. This may be unrelated, but the more important question is how can I read my ECU or acquire and H box bin file? If I can flash another compatable file over it that doesn't bother me however I would like to have a safe backup to go to just incase i fuck something in my tune.

I've done a little bit of research on the error but I would like to avoid purchasing a new ecu if I don't have to.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 04:57:27 PM »

RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
What on earth do you think this might mean? If you had to guess.

I couldn't find a stock H box bin file to play around with.

Did you read any of the stickies?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5700.0

Another weird thing that may/may not be related is when I was tinkering with VCDS lite, and I do an auto scan, instead of controller: 8d0 907 551 H, it now says "THIS IS THE" and then cuts off.

Whoever tuned that file did something odd to it. Normally that means the ECU is bricked from a flash attempt and is in recovery.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
JavaCrash

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 10:02:00 PM »

What on earth do you think this might mean? If you had to guess.

Well obviously that means that its disabled, however I was wondering if any of the gurus around here had a way around this.

Did you read any of the stickies?
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5700.0

No, I didn't. I dug around the forum enough to find the posts about proper flashing and memory layouts.

Whoever tuned that file did something odd to it. Normally that means the ECU is bricked from a flash attempt and is in recovery.

Ok, so to me that sounds pretty simple, just reflash the stock file right?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 10:18:17 PM »

Do you want me to edit your post for you to get the quote tags right?

No, I didn't.
Please do to save everyone from having to post the same thing over and over

Ok, so to me that sounds pretty simple, just reflash the stock file right?

Yes. However, it may require bootmode depending on what the tuner who flashed that ECU did. It may also have a physical riser, which would prevent even bootmode flashing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:21:06 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 06:09:19 AM »

h is auto right? just flash it with the l box and start from scratch. or port over the m box stage 1 on the forum for a starting point

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:20:00 AM »

h is auto right? just flash it with the l box and start from scratch. or port over the m box stage 1 on the forum for a starting point

h is 6sp

ECUx Plot

bamofo

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 06:29:44 AM »

Or get a Galletto Cable, Read the rom off, Take the NOREAD out and flash it back so Nefmoto will work. But dont post the rom here for help, their responses will be in even larger font if you do...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: