Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Narrowband fueling  (Read 12290 times)
atdub

« on: June 05, 2020, 11:31:51 AM »

Im trying to figure out why my IDC are climbing so high compared to other logs I been seeing. Other logs hang around 80% but mine is kind of concerning and seems abnormal.

I was wondering if I need to upgrade my injectors to my 52lb ev14 on hand as I plan to anyways cause im going BT soon but im still waiting for my wideband gauge before I get in to that, well its coming today so thats im reaching out

is there somthing wrong here?. Ive heard to switch to a wideband ecu but im alrdy familiar and comfortable with the one I got
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »

narrowband wot fueling is no mystery.

The answer is: your o2 sensors are not used during wot. switching to wideband does not change this; if something is wrong, you'll just get huge lambda corrections.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
atdub

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 12:47:05 PM »

Interesting and thanks for the response. would MLHFM have to be touched or is 120% idc acceptable in its current state?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »

Interesting and thanks for the response. would MLHFM have to be touched or is 120% idc acceptable in its current state?

Let me get this straight: you propose that in order to prevent running out of injector, you tell the ECU it just needs to use less injector?

No, i'd get a tailpipe sniffer to see where you're at.

If MLHFM were that far off you'd see it in your LTFTs.

And it would indicate a hardware problem, not necessarily an overscaled MLHFM.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:54:13 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
atdub

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 01:18:13 PM »

No not at all, I was thinking I should start trying to get my 52's dialed in if im running out on stocks?

*Edit WB Gauge is on the way

and gotcha ill have to do some digging on LTFT
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:38:41 PM by atdub » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 03:52:56 PM »

No not at all, I was thinking I should start trying to get my 52's dialed in if im running out on stocks?

yes, absolutely 100% this.

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »

So I got my WB gauge in today and I decided to install it in to rear 02 bung since I coded it out in CDKAT & CWLSHA years ago and never had a problem since.

Thing is I removed the sensor and I cant remember if I touched ESKONF but now im throwing p1118 open circuit. I dont have an axis made up for it but I know where it is. I have FF FF 00 (30) FF F8 33 should (30) be FF or 00? OR should I just put it out in Error class?
atdub

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »

Anyways I went out today took some logs and got familiar with what my Afr is doing, live right in front of me and found that lamsbg is saying the same thing my gauge is telling me. 10.2 at WOT just dosent seem right to me and I believe I should be around target?

Im going to install my ev14 52lb and try to get them set in but as a simple crash course, do I set KRKTE to hit stoich of starters?
In the past out of curiosity I blindly threw em in and set KRKTE using the equation on wiki and once I finally got it started it was way to rich and would foul out spark around 4k rpm.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 05:28:30 PM »

I have no idea what you are going on about.

Too many vague statements and not enough logs.

No mention of TVUB either.

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 06:20:26 PM »

Sorry. long story short and where im really trying to get at is when I install my injectors and get it started do I just lower the starting point value of KRKTE(assuming its really rich) until I get requested.

as for TVUB I was able to get it started and idle going by the spreadsheet uve posted in the other threads
atdub

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »

This is where im at?

1st log is @ idle with only KRKTE set to 0.052074

*idle way to lean @16.2 and at times would stumble so low it would stall.

2nd log @ idle with the same KRKTE and TVUB set according to the spreadsheet for the same ev14 550cc injectors @4bar

*idle alittle better, didnt fall but stayed around 13.1

3rd log was a short pull with the same KRKTE and TVUB but it was so rich I let off and limpped it back home.

So question is do I just adjust KRKTE to get AFR Desired to follow AFR target?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:37 PM »

You dont need to log to fix fuel trims (except to watch O2 voltages, more on that later)

You can just watch stft/ltft in vcds.

None of what you are doing makes much sense. You have narrow down what the issue is

1) bad hardware (intake/vac leak, bad injector, pump, filter, fpr, MAF, etc)
2) bad MAF scaling (MLHFM)
3) bad injector scaling (KRKTE/TVUB)

3) is the least of your worries if you are fairly certain you are close to theoretical for both KRKTE and TVUB. The car should start, warmup, idle, and run part throttle within 5-10% STFT/LTFT with no misfires or stumbling. If your injectors are very different from stock, you may have coldstart/warmup issues due to wall wetting, but once the motor is up to temp, it should run fine.

If that is not the case, STOP RIGHT THERE and figure out what else is wrong.

Also would be handy to post wideband logs during idle and constant part throttle (pick a load point that is still closed loop)

Finally, log NB O2 voltages.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:42:14 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »

Also you really should fix your boost. Right now, it isn't worth fixing though until you get fueling right for part/idle

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 06:20:01 PM »

Im going to have to go over 1) alittle more...

vac inhg looks weird @ 11 but I thought it might have been from when I got rid of pretty much all emission related stuff in the past. I did run compressed air thru the system today when I swapped out my injectors to make sure it was sealed and nothing seemed to hiss at me.

MAF is fairly new, the injectors has constant ohms thru out all 6, pump never showed signs of failure but I have a walbro 255lph that i was going to couple with the injectors if needed, same with the fpr and I have a 3bar on hand if 550cc @4bar was overkill and the filter I have never changed out but I will now that uve mentioned it.

2)I never messed with MLHFM and using wiki as a guide I was assuming I didnt have to with a stock MAF

3) I felt like I was getting somwhere with but in all honesty not being at work the only means of logging I have is me7logger and my newly installed WB gauge. With the new values it did start right up, warmed up on time, idled "ok" and part throttle seemed good when I cruised it back home.

sorry for being so noobish and not making sense, I never had to mess with fuel until now that I put together a BT kit
adam-

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 12:01:03 AM »

550s @4 bar on a stock pump that "never showed signs of failure" and "nothing seemed to hiss at me".

Smoke test it to find leaks.  At -11 vac, you'll have a leak post TB.  Running 550s at 4 bar on a stock pump is crazy too.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: