Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Narrowband fueling  (Read 12291 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »

Go wideband
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 08:13:42 AM »

Go wideband

That's utterly pointless when debugging hardware issues. They'll show up instantly in LTFTs/STFTs as long as he doesn't got WOT, which you shouldn't do until your fueling is sorted anyway.

Wideband is useful for WOT tuning, however.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
atdub

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 09:34:26 AM »

Im sorting out hardware today. I have a good feeling its coming from my block off plate that I made. Compressed air was the easiest method I made to check for vac leaks when refering to hiss. will also drop in a filter just because it needs one.

If running 550 at 4bar on a stock pump is crazy should I run my 3bar till I get everything sorted or should I go ahead and drop in my Walbro 255lph??

rightnow its starts right up, it idles and its getting fuel (alot for that matter)

atdub

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »

holy!..I pulled my fpr today and it had 5 bar engraved in it from AWE(must of been the PO)..so Im going to go ahead and run the 3bar..redo the values in KRKTE & TVUB and see what I get. Well after I go over the Vac lines which im doing now.

*After seeing that Im curious to see what kind of pump is in there but I pulled out stock injectors so idk. 
atdub

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »

Fixed my boost leak (now @-22hg), found acouple lines split and fixed the block off. Dropped in the new filter(sucked), got rid of the recently discovered 5bar and replaced it with 3bar.  flashed in KRKTE @ 0.06012 acccording to the changed flow rate and then went back to stock with TVUB (didnt like new values @ idle).

Idle looked better at 14.6, part throttle seemd better hanging around 13.8-14.0 and then went WOT for acouple seconds (sorry had to) and that went rich but not as rich as b4 11.1-10.8.

1st log is at idle

2nd log is at part throttle

3rd is very shortly at WOT

Do I just edit KRKTE to fix WOT
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 04:48:43 PM »

Again, you dont need to log to fix KRKTE/TVUB

watch STFTs and LTFTs on VCDS.

Do not bother doing any wot tuning until you get part/idle correct.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
atdub

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »

watch STFTs and LTFTs on VCDS.
So in general once STFTs and LTFTs are within spec at idle and PT, should WOT follow...roughly?

Not trying to jump the gun here just somthing to think about as I progress and got everything in front of me.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2020, 09:55:00 PM »

So in general once STFTs and LTFTs are within spec at idle and PT, should WOT follow...roughly?

Exactly this. WOT should be pretty on target. if it is not, it likely means your fueling isn't keeping up (generally pump).

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2020, 05:11:07 PM »

Thanks alot for the advice so far, prob wouldnt have found that 5bar anytime soon if you didnt send me down the line of hardware.

As of rightnow im waiting for an email back from Ross so I can be unlocked and get my trims inline. At the same time ive been going back and forth to the bench on a spree(twice really) of trial and error making very minimum changes(not much at all) cause my WB gauge has been very handy.

Question about TVUB. When scaling (in the future), my axis are set at 8 10 12 (14) 16 and looking at logs UB seems to operate mainly between 13.6-13.8v. should I change the axis accordingly or does it not have that much effect between 13.6 and 14?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »

Thanks alot for the advice so far, prob wouldnt have found that 5bar anytime soon if you didnt send me down the line of hardware.

As of rightnow im waiting for an email back from Ross so I can be unlocked and get my trims inline. At the same time ive been going back and forth to the bench on a spree(twice really) of trial and error making very minimum changes(not much at all) cause my WB gauge has been very handy.

Question about TVUB. When scaling (in the future), my axis are set at 8 10 12 (14) 16 and looking at logs UB seems to operate mainly between 13.6-13.8v. should I change the axis accordingly or does it not have that much effect between 13.6 and 14?

You should change the axis data to whatever you have datasheet for. If you dont have a datasheet, guess. You may hit 8-10v some day

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »

I need some help.

Did what you and Daz said in 1 of the stickies and drove around for 15mins and watched VCDS (sorry bout the cut out on the pic but thrs no data behind it anyways) and trims look way off.

Tried acouple diffrent KRKTE and found 0.0716 to be best. Part throttle looks good up to a certain load point by the actual AFR. But as soon as I let off or sitting at a light it gets really rich beyond my gauge.

should I be scaling TVUB mainly at the 12 to 14v points or is there another approach?
atdub

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 04:12:48 PM »

well I tweak TVUB with some success. Didnt like start up so much but it idles at 14.6. Gone logging...
atdub

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2020, 05:57:07 PM »

Its alittle better but still go rich as soon as I dip into WOT, maybe I should drop in my Walbro 255lph?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2020, 08:01:21 PM »

I need some help.

Did what you and Daz said in 1 of the stickies and drove around for 15mins and watched VCDS (sorry bout the cut out on the pic but thrs no data behind it anyways) and trims look way off.

Tried acouple diffrent KRKTE and found 0.0716 to be best. Part throttle looks good up to a certain load point by the actual AFR. But as soon as I let off or sitting at a light it gets really rich beyond my gauge.

should I be scaling TVUB mainly at the 12 to 14v points or is there another approach?

something is very very wrong. Go back to stock TVUB, make sure part throttle is right.

If anything, you should be lean at idle not rich on stock TVUB vs EV14

ECUx Plot

atdub

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2020, 11:25:11 PM »

Yeah I think I found a acceptable starting point at idle it’s now at 15.1-14.6. Even part throttle will hang around 13.8 but after 3sec into WOT it’ll fall into 11.1-10.6 b4 I let off then it’ll come back into place.

It’s getting better cause it pulls harder at part throttle then it did with stock inj at wot. Just wasn’t sure if I should make anymore change b4 upgrading the pump?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:43:23 PM by atdub » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: