Pages: [1]
Author Topic: File Protection Removal/Overwrite  (Read 4786 times)
armaan

« on: June 14, 2020, 02:35:21 PM »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Mk5 GTI 2.0TFSI (AXX engine) (Ecu: 1K0907115)
Did proper maintenance, oils, filters, the essentials.

My car has nearly 6degrees of timing pull on WOT. Angry
I am fed up and I want to read and make my own file.
I have read the file off the ecu, via OBD using MPPS, and when I compare it with another same 1K0907115 file, it lines up well, but some of the addresses are missing/blanked off, along with the data. Theres FF's where I wouldnt expect and basically alot of the data seems 'blocked off' or 'encrypted'. I cant see any legible LDRXN at 0x1CD860 though I can clearly see its RPM axis at 0x1CD840. Though I managed to see LAMFA and its axis. Huh

It would be great to get your help around this issue. Smiley

What should I do to be able to read the whole file with the missing/encrypted bits? or if I cant,
What if I flash on another stock file from same ecu but different car (attached), would it work? That way I can get working on it atleast.

or any other solutions if you may suggest would be great.
Thanks

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »

Whoever has "done" this file deserves to have his eyes and fingers surgically removed and should perish in the flames of a napalm bomb. Can I have my 40 seconds of scrolling through changes back please?

The reason why you can't see LDRXN legibly because you haven't heard of small endian/big endian most likely.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
armaan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »

Whoever has "done" this file deserves to have his eyes and fingers surgically removed and should perish in the flames of a napalm bomb. Can I have my 40 seconds of scrolling through changes back please?

The reason why you can't see LDRXN legibly because you haven't heard of small endian/big endian most likely.

Hey, thanks for your reply and for your hints. I understand your frustration, I think.

Will check out these Endians and hope to learn.

But are you able to tell if I flash on a stock file (I will buy off a seller), will it brick the ecu? or will just flash on ok?

Thanks

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 01:21:09 AM »

Why would you need to BUY a stock file?

IamwhoIam

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 01:36:38 AM »

Your "tune" is done by someone so retarded, that any concept of "protection" is totally unknown to them. Methinks he must be a failed butcher or builder who thought he'd jump on the tuning bandwagon.

The 1K0907115.bin file is bone stock and can be flashed without any problems.

armaan

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »

Your "tune" is done by someone so retarded, that any concept of "protection" is totally unknown to them. Methinks he must be a failed butcher or builder who thought he'd jump on the tuning bandwagon.

The 1K0907115.bin file is bone stock and can be flashed without any problems.

Thanks for that.
Thats basically I needed, Will flash the stock file on, and get to work making my own file.
This car was actually imported from Singapore (yep importing euro cars from Jap or Singapore is actually a thing where I am)

And it came with this. So far have been able to chop DSG Mk5s left and right.
I could tell from the KFZWOP, KFZW, KFLDHBN, that this person really didnt know what they are doing, and it explains the timing retardation on my car.

Thanks a lot.  Smiley

cherry

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

Do not flash complete file to ecu or you will brick immodata. 6C00-6FFF is unique data. It seems your tool read/flash from 20000 up, so no problem. But with some tools it´s also possible to force a full flash, and then your immodata is lost, you need to rebuild ecu then. Especially without full flash...
IamwhoIam

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 12:30:11 AM »

Do not flash complete file to ecu or you will brick immodata. 6C00-6FFF is unique data. It seems your tool read/flash from 20000 up, so no problem. But with some tools it´s also possible to force a full flash, and then your immodata is lost, you need to rebuild ecu then. Especially without full flash...

If he's flashing OBD there's ZERO chances of anything going wrong with 6C00-6FFF as that is NOT an OBD flashable area.

overspeed

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 11:18:40 AM »

If he's flashing OBD there's ZERO chances of anything going wrong with 6C00-6FFF as that is NOT an OBD flashable area.

Agree, but read in several fóruns people having issues, mainly with cloned tools... perhaps corrupted eeprom?
cherry

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 11:25:53 AM »

Ah ok, did not know that it´s not obd writeable. Never tested this, i use ori MPPS and ori EVC BDM for these ecu...
armaan

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »

@cherry @IamWhoIam & @overspeed.

Thanks a lot for your help.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: