Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bosch ME 7.5.10 - Memory 29F400BB doubled and writing through OBD  (Read 2263 times)
petrzmax

Hello my friends!

I want to remove the EGR valve from the Golf 4 1.4 16V. Using the USB VAG KKL interface and the nefmoto ecu flasher program, I succesfully read ECU memory.
The problem is that the program allowed me to read ecu only using the 29F800 memory layout.
Similiar problem which I have found here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=711.0

My ecu code: 036906032G

Readed file had 1 MB, but it could not be edited. The ECU has for sure 29F400BB so according to the information I found in the topic above, I divided file in half and the two created files are identical.
They can be edited correctly and the checksum is ok.

I don't have problem with editing the file, but as it's my first chiptuning job and as you saw there was something strange problem about reading I would like to make sure before I will brick my ecu.
I will point out that I would like to avoid taking ecu out from the car.

Here are my questions:
1. If I was able to read the ecu via nefmoto without any problems, can I also write modified file through obd without problems?
2. Should I try to force nefmoto to use 29F400BB memory layout when writing, or should I double the modified file and write it with the same memory layout I was able to read it?

If you have any tips for these operations let me know;)

Thank you in advance for any help!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:22:04 AM by petrzmax » Logged
petrzmax

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 02:29:50 AM »

Problem partially SOLVED:
I was sure that I have 29F400BB inside, so I ignored the warning and read the ecu successfully.
I'm going to try writing soon, and I hope it will be fine Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: