Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Using ross-tech Hex-V2 cable  (Read 7418 times)
mpiroglu

« on: July 24, 2017, 11:17:32 PM »

Hi,

I have a hex-v2 cable and I've tried a lot, but couldn't get a com port out of that usb. It's defined as an HID device, and I couldn't get the ftdi drivers, or the ross-tech page provided ftdi ones to work, i.e. open a com port.

So the question should be, did anyone get a hex-v2 to working with nefmoto? Or does anyone know a way to convert that hid device to com port?

Thanks!
Matt
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 07:35:24 PM »

Try the RossTech vcp driver

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:03:47 AM »

I think I ended up using the ones off the FTDI site and had to blow out galletto drivers as well.  http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Zenerdiode

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 02:34:25 PM »

At present, the HEX-V2 does not allow use of the VCP drivers; and therefore you can't use it as a dumb serial port.
engineerchad

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »

So this is to say that the hex-v2 is useless outside of VCDS? I'm pretty disappointed I just bought one myself.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »

So this is to say that the hex-v2 is useless outside of VCDS? I'm pretty disappointed I just bought one myself.

Yea its annoying that rosstech gave up on vcp.

Demand a refund, and tell them I said they suck Tongue Been asking for an update VCP driver for years, they've completely ignored all requests.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sapper502

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 08:00:51 AM »

Do you have a recommendation for a cable that is known to work with Windows 10, and nefmoto? That would also work with the me7eeprom tool? As that is what I need for my 03 Audi TT.

I was a bit irritated after I plugged in the hex-v2 and found I couldn't use it with these tools.

Thank you!
dilly

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 12:30:50 AM »

Do you have a recommendation for a cable that is known to work with Windows 10, and nefmoto? That would also work with the me7eeprom tool? As that is what I need for my 03 Audi TT.

I was a bit irritated after I plugged in the hex-v2 and found I couldn't use it with these tools.

Thank you!
use the hex-net cable in dumb mode. vcp for me at least is necessary to use with me7logger. every other tool though utilizes it in just dumb mode
Sapper502

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »

Thanks for the reply dilly!!

I've read that a few times, and I've looked for it, but can't find that in the VCDS 20.4 software.

I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I'm working with.

The problem seems to lie, in that the Hex-V2 cable installs as a USB HID device, and not registering any COM ports in Windows 10.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: