Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pops and Bangs 1.8T AWT  (Read 8580 times)
bandyta928

« on: June 16, 2020, 01:44:03 AM »

Hallo, I am trying get pops in my audi when I lift off feet from acc pedal over 3000rpm. I adjusted minimum ignition angle and KFZW/2, but it doesnt work properly. Insted pops I gets waves. Any suggestion?
cedre

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:14:06 AM »

Hallo, I am trying get pops in my audi when I lift off feet from acc pedal over 3000rpm. I adjusted minimum ignition angle and KFZW/2, but it doesnt work properly. Insted pops I gets waves. Any suggestion?
did you change the
CWSAWE
bandyta928

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:16:55 AM »

no I didn't change it
adam-

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 04:24:15 AM »

Did you read the thread?
bandyta928

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 05:14:47 AM »

Did you read the thread?

Im reading and working one it Cheesy
prj

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »

Set KFZWOP also to the same values as KFZW in exactly that area, so torque calculation does not go nuts.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bandyta928

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »

I got it work Cheesy
dilly

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 09:35:40 PM »

Set KFZWOP also to the same values as KFZW in exactly that area, so torque calculation does not go nuts.
would this explain the jolting while coming back onto part throttle from deceleration?
adam-

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 12:37:31 AM »

would this explain the jolting while coming back onto part throttle from deceleration?
Sounds like an interpolation issue.
Kompiesto

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 01:48:12 AM »

You must interpolate values not do that big jump to minus values.

Better effect You can make by modding fueling on deceleration. (CWSAWE, KFNWEGM, KFTVSA)
prj

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »

You must interpolate values not do that big jump to minus values.

Better effect You can make by modding fueling on deceleration. (CWSAWE, KFNWEGM, KFTVSA)

Actually no, this is not an interpolation issue at all. And claiming this shows lack of understanding of the torque structure.

First of all load should be logged with throttle released.
The ignition should be changed only at this load and below (so the axis values in the ign maps might have to be modified, but usually not).
The reason for waves in power delivery is not changing KFZWOP/2 to suit, because as you transition in the load curve, torque calculation goes completely negative very suddenly (and even if you interpolate some things, which will actually introduce a TON of driving issues on low part throttle).

Because of the jump in calculated torque, you trigger LSD, sometimes even DASHPOT a second time and ARMD.
The result is ECU messing with torque - increasing it, then it sees that suddenly torque sharply increased, etc etc you get a feedback loop.
If KFZW and KFZW/OP are tuned exactly the same then as you pass over the boundary the calculated torque does not change and there are no issues.

None of this is a problem on newer ECU's where ZWOUT gets set to ZWSPAE on overrun anyway.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
adam-

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 12:18:29 AM »

None of this is a problem on newer ECU's where ZWOUT gets set to ZWSPAE on overrun anyway.

What a mint response. Thank you!
Thom

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 03:55:18 AM »

Actually no, this is not an interpolation issue at all. And claiming this shows lack of understanding of the torque structure.

First of all load should be logged with throttle released.
The ignition should be changed only at this load and below (so the axis values in the ign maps might have to be modified, but usually not).
The reason for waves in power delivery is not changing KFZWOP/2 to suit, because as you transition in the load curve, torque calculation goes completely negative very suddenly (and even if you interpolate some things, which will actually introduce a TON of driving issues on low part throttle).

Because of the jump in calculated torque, you trigger LSD, sometimes even DASHPOT a second time and ARMD.
The result is ECU messing with torque - increasing it, then it sees that suddenly torque sharply increased, etc etc you get a feedback loop.
If KFZW and KFZW/OP are tuned exactly the same then as you pass over the boundary the calculated torque does not change and there are no issues.

Also a jolting problem over here. I made KFZW and KFZWOP to match in selected areas as u said. KFZWMN little below the KFZW/KFZWOP values.
Car is stil shaking when passing the boundary. What can be the problem?
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »

Bruh, you cannot expect people to see your reply, and answer it within a few hours of posting it then bump it 3 times. Need logs or something we/I aint no magician to know whats wrong with your setup.
K92

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »

How did you sort overrun fueling ?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: