Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MAF Tripping on Cruise  (Read 6609 times)
streacy

« on: June 17, 2020, 12:30:04 AM »

See attached images of KFMIRL and KFMIOP

Allroad 2.7tt ARE ME7.1

KFMIRL is a mix of stock, stock multiplied by a percentage (i.e. X * 1.05) and 225 in some of the last cells. KFMIOP is calculated using KFMIOP interpolate spreadsheet. Load axis changed and KFZWOP/2 values altered to accommodate.

The car runs great and but when cruise on light throttle high speed the MAF trips i.e. ABS light/traction control light comes on and car continues to drive (doesn't hard cut). It is hard to replicate the situation on a drive.

MAF is stock with stock airbox (darintake mod)

Any help would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:28:24 AM by streacy » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 05:32:00 AM »

See attached images of KFMIRL and KFMIOP

Allroad 2.7tt ARE ME7.1

KFMIRL is a mix of stock, stock multiplied by a percentage (i.e. X * 1.05) and 225 in some of the last cells. KFMIOP is calculated using KFMIOP interpolate spreadsheet. Load axis changed and KFZWOP/2 values altered to accommodate.

The car runs great and but when cruise on light throttle high speed the MAF trips i.e. ABS light/traction control light comes on and car continues to drive (doesn't hard cut). It is hard to replicate the situation on a drive.

MAF is stock with stock airbox (darintake mod)

Any help would be appreciated.

KFMLDMX

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
streacy

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 07:33:35 AM »

Thanks for the reply

KFMLDMX has been FF'd or 3553 across the board.

Is this correct or incorrect?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 08:45:14 AM »

Thanks for the reply

KFMLDMX has been FF'd or 3553 across the board.

Is this correct or incorrect?

FFing in general is both ill advised and incorrect.

Why did you think it was a good idea to start with?

Also I have no idea why you mean by "MAF trips", that is complete gibberish.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 08:59:23 AM »

I am 90% sure that that your IRL and IOP are not tuned right. That is chause of that problem.
If you get more load on car, let say driving uphill with cruise on in high gear. You wil get DTC for torque intervention
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:12:25 AM »

I am 90% sure that that your IRL and IOP are not tuned right. That is chause of that problem.
If you get more load on car, let say driving uphill with cruise on in high gear. You wil get DTC for torque intervention

I agree. I would stick with stock IOP/IRL for most of the map except for wot areas.

it may require making room for other rows but you can always move rows around instead of rescaling them all

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »

FFing in general is both ill advised and incorrect.

Why did you think it was a good idea to start with?

Also I have no idea why you mean by "MAF trips", that is complete gibberish.
by maf tripping i assume he is getting the "missing load signal from ecu" code stored in abs module.
i had this issue for a bit at steady throttle at certain rpms. usually around 3k
streacy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »

Thanks for the replies

By MAF trips I mean abs light comes on along with traction control light and ride height error light (allroad). I know it’s MAF related as the same lights come on when MAF unplugged. No codes stored though with this error.

I have tried a known good kfmirl/kfmiop but still getting code so I have narrowed it down to my load axis being shifted.

Must I shift my values around in kfmiop to match stock values on stock old axis to new axis? Like I did with kfzwop/2 when load axis was changed originally?

What values do I give in kfmiop when I surpass stock axis values i.e. 205, 225 ?

All comments are helpful thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »

at higher load points make sure IOP is the reverse of IRL, as explained elsewhere.

for part throttle it's best to preserve stock behavior.

At WOT it is a bit less important since you really are just trying to avoid timing pull

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 05:57:05 AM »

by maf tripping i assume he is getting the "missing load signal from ecu" code stored in abs module.
i had this issue for a bit at steady throttle at certain rpms. usually around 3k

How did you end up solving the issue? It sounds the same, between 2250 and 2750 it happens on cruise at about 80mph.
streacy

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 06:34:21 AM »

at higher load points make sure IOP is the reverse of IRL, as explained elsewhere.

for part throttle it's best to preserve stock behaviour.

At WOT it is a bit less important since you really are just trying to avoid timing pull

Make sure IOP is inverse or reverse of IRL?

Still getting the error while cruising between 2250 and 2750

If have tried preserving stock tables everywhere in IRL except last column. In IOP I have are moved values down one (not sure if this method is correct) and for values larger than stock e.g. 205 i interpolated these values up from 191.
See images of KFMIOP and KFMIRL.

Can i log variables to see what is causing the error?
dilly

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 07:40:32 PM »

How did you end up solving the issue? It sounds the same, between 2250 and 2750 it happens on cruise at about 80mph.
personally i can't confirm what fixed it. either me swapping maf sensors or adjusting my scaling tables fixed it so i can't exactly answer you
streacy

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 04:40:51 AM »

personally i can't confirm what fixed it. either me swapping maf sensors or adjusting my scaling tables fixed it so i can't exactly answer you

No problem, thanks. What scaling tables are you referring to? Did you use Kfmiop interpolater for your kfmiop or did you self calculate? The table i am getting from the interpolater is still throwing a code at cruise.

streacy

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 07:14:11 AM »

Could my issue have something to do with KFPED? On doing some research it would seem if KFMIOP is altered then KFPED must be changed appropriately.
Would i be on the right path? And how would you alter the KFPED map in relation to changes to KFMIOP? Compare stock KFPED and stock KFMIOP then adjust KFPED with modified KFMIOP?

Any help appreciated
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 05:12:25 PM »

No modifications to KFPED are ever required.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: