Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Problems Reading 8D0907551C S4  (Read 2391 times)
-DOM-

« on: June 18, 2020, 03:21:28 AM »

Hello,
Before I start: Thanks to everyone contributing to this forum. I learned a lot and try not to let others to the job for me. I hope sometime in the future I can do so too.

So I need a little help reading a friends 2.7L V6T 2000 Audi S4 B5 (Germany) - Pre-Facelift
I successfully read and flashed some other ME7 ECUs. But only after 2000.
ECU is: 8D0907551C
Connecting and reading the ECU Info on the car over the OBD port works fine but as I try reading the flash I get the error "Reading ECU flash memory failed."
I read a lot of topics but am confused. So I need confirmation before going on the car again. So please validate my steps as there is no spare ECU for the car.

Is it correct, that reading this "old" ECU over the OBD port will not work?
Do I have to take the ECU out of the car to read/write? - I only flashed ECUs in car so far
IMMO off is no option, as he does not want it.

So my plan would be:
1. take ECU out of the car
2. connect the bench harness (Power/Ground/OBD + 12V to Pin 121)
3. connect bench harness to computer with Blue OBD cable or Galetto?
4. ground the boot pin of the ECU (Pin 24) - just while powering up the ECU
5. start Nefmoto? - read something that Nefmoto SW does not support boot mode read/write at some posts - SO Nefmoto SW or Galetto SW?
6. Connect Boot Mode
7. Read / Write
For Nefmoto I know read/write but if I need Galetto SW has anyone a guide how to read the .bin in boot mode?

Thank you for any answer helping me read this damn ECU. (Sorry if my english is not that perfect, but I am german Cheesy )
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 03:41:49 AM »

Galleto for boot mode only.
You have software here on forum and how to make galleto work with standard KKL blue cable.

In galleto SW yust select boot mode 400xx memory(if your ecu have 800 flash select 800). Then hit read, you wil have first warning about voltage, then about gorund pin. Stay at that warning about grounding
Then power ecu while grounding pin 24 for 10 sec,
Remove ground from boot pin
Hit Ok on galleto, that it is, it schould start reading
gremlin

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 07:05:50 AM »

2. connect the bench harness (Power/Ground/OBD + 12V to Pin 121)
 (Sorry if my english is not that perfect, but I am german Cheesy )

This ECU don't use 121-pin as +12v
------------------------------------------
Schaltplan AGB motor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: