Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8t swap with dbc /narrow band 02, converted to dbw /wideband and me7.  (Read 5826 times)
marcello7x

Ok so im trying to help a friend with tuning his swap. He has an MK2 gti with dbc 1.8t swap. I told him it was worth it to convert to dbw and wideband as we will have much more control, and the ability to flash limitlessly. I can disable immob with changing the code in the 95040, does this eliminate the need for an mk4 dash cluster?
marcello7x

Got curious so i tried itout tonight. If the immob is disabled you can start the car w/ o the dash connected.
Vdub-dub

Ok so im trying to help a friend with tuning his swap. He has an MK2 gti with dbc 1.8t swap. I told him it was worth it to convert to dbw and wideband as we will have much more control, and the ability to flash limitlessly. I can disable immob with changing the code in the 95040, does this eliminate the need for an mk4 dash cluster?

Idone mine needed a loom with different wideband plug and VVT and poss EGT
vwmaniac

i am doing a similar setup with converting our mk3 vr6 late obd2 to me7.1 afp vr6 Management. I have the harness setup so its plug n play into the ce2 fuse box with all gauges functioning, I'm still working on MFA and Cruise control but i intend to focus on that after i everything is installed with readiness set and tuned  for our nitrous kit. I have already performed this swap in a MK2 CE2 system that was vr swapped already so i just fabricated the harness connection to plug into the Fuse box and operate all the necessary gauges, Speedo, Tach, Coolant, Fuel Level, and oil temp thru MFA. If you have any questions feel free to reply with questions or pm me as I have learned so much from this site and want to return the favor so we can all enjoy these Cars, Management Systems, and being one of the few with the ability to tune your own and others Vehicles.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: