Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VW T5 cluster swap immo 3 pin issues - cannot pull bin file  (Read 4117 times)
noobtuned

Hello,
This is my first post so please be gentle.
I've been lurking around reading threads related to my interests but I've hit a dead end so I have to plead for help...

I have put in highline clocks with full display (7H5920973J V02), These wired up just fine and i can communicate with VCDS.
However i don't have the SKC for these clocks, i thought i had immo 2 so i wasn't too worried up until the moment i realised it wouldn't work and now my van was stuck.

I have the skc from the original van ECU, no problem - edc16u31, I had to get a local company to take a full ecu read then separate out the binary file as non of the normally available programs via this site would get into the edc16 eeprom.

Obviously Immo 3 requires the new skc as well if the cluster isn't new.
I have wired up to the usual VDO pins as per the diaagrams widely available, power/ground/kline.

With all software programs Vagtacho, vag commander, vag eeprom 1.19 i can get the cluster to identify itself and provide immo ID and previous vehicle VIN number but it doesn't allow any of the other programs to log in.

Can anyone advise please?
I've asked the seller of the clocks to locate the ecu if they haven't sold it already, that was i can easily get the skc but it's not guaranteed that they can help me.
for now I am stuck with trying to get it on the bench.

I have KKL, vag tacho 3.01, VCDS hex/can, vag commander cables - nothing is working other than the initial cluster ID.
sweegie

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »

So, you get the PIN from one of the programs but you can't use it to login to the cluster with VCDS, correct?

In VCDS, have you tried adding a 0 to the start, i.e. logging in with 01234?

Please post the cluster dump.

Cheers
noobtuned

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:32:46 AM »

I have the original ECU skc which I can correctly log into using vcds.

I was only able to get this via the local ecu tuner who used Bflash to pull a full read of the ecu then locate and save the Eeprom .bin which I used a calculator to extract the skc.

When I wanted to code in the new cluster it asked me for the new cluster skc which wasn't provided by the seller. I didn't think to ask as I thought I was immo 2.

I have the ECU tuner hooking the cluster up to Smok xcan tomorrow, I hope this allows us to directly access the Eeprom. It's almost like there's a layer of security that the cloned tools cannot get past.
All the software I've downloaded from here allow me to ID the cluster but then further access is denied.

If I can get the .bin file tomorrow I'll feedback.
Thanks
noobtuned

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:05:02 AM »

Hi,
This is the eeprom read from the VDO dash I want to fit.
The eeprom calculator login shows as 13368
When the tuner pulled the pin, they got 07434.
noobtuned

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 07:05:22 AM »

Guys/girls,
I have sorted this, it took the smok extracted pin and keys adapted no problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: