Pages: [1]
Author Topic: issue with idle 300hp+  (Read 3965 times)
ganimir

« on: July 02, 2020, 04:06:44 AM »

Hello Guys,
I hope to get good advice from you how to fix the idle of my car.
So the problems is that the car doesn't  have  properly  idle when is on stand by and the rpm are bouncing between 900-500 rpm/. I found that when the car is cold it has good idle but when it reach a working temperature the idle is bad, even when i hit the gas pedal to raise the rpm little bit and after that the revs drop back to the 500 rp/m  and the car is shutting down.
it's kind of strange because i found also that when i  apply something little between the intake pipe  and the Maf housing the idle of the cars is kind of getting better.  I'm attaching picture of what i mean and  also attaching and video of how the car is working without  this piece of silicon rubber and with him. Do i have to  tried to move the Maf housing little bit more because it's to close to the  Turbine or should i leave it like that.

Some info about the car: AUDI A4 B5 1.8T With with fully rebuild engine  with upgraded connecting rods, Turbo T3/T4 with 0.63AR fuel injectors bosch ev14 550cc Maf Housing from VR6 golf 3 " 021906462А " and the  fuel pump is walbro 255lph. And some other elements but they are not necessary for those moment.
adam-

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 04:20:26 AM »

Logs?  Post your tune.  Explain what you did to calibrate the MAF/injectors.
ganimir

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 04:42:51 AM »

Logs?  Post your tune.  Explain what you did to calibrate the MAF/injectors.

Sorry, i didn't tunned my car by my self. She has been tunned 3 years ago  from one of our top tunners in our country. so i have no idea how he callibrate the MAF/injectors.i thought that the problem it wouldn't be from the software but seems like it will be. This is the video of what i was talking  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM2BEt_2rPY&feature=youtu.be
adam-

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:52:31 AM »

Video is private.

But you came for help, and this is the only way we can help.
ganimir

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 05:10:50 AM »

Video is private.

But you came for help, and this is the only way we can help.
Now the video should be public instead of private. What kind of logs would you like me to do ? i will go back home after 7 days so i can made some logs, which measurements want to see Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:31:01 PM »

What measurements do you think you should omit, and why? You're asking the wrong question, since ME7L can log pretty much everything you need at once for almost all kinds of tuning.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
justinvw2646

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »

MAF scaling...when I have done it wrong I have gotten what you are describing and have also experienced a throttle “hang” of up to 2,500 rpm where all that was changed was MLHFHM. Scaling the bosch Mafs is weird. My bin is in the 5120 community thread and idles good. Mine is set for 1,000 rpm FWIW. I am running a 3 inch housing with stock sensor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: