Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Learning how to Boot Mode ME7  (Read 4390 times)
Bumequipment

« on: July 09, 2020, 05:13:41 PM »

Hi all, Noob Saibot here. Teaching myself how to do all this. I have a few ME7.1.1 ECUs for this Jetta project i have going on. First thing i want to do is to remove IMMO so i can plug an ECU in the vehicle and read/write with it in vehicle via OBD port. I bought a Galletto 54 and it came with a bundle of stuff. Not sure which cable to use but followed the pin pic on NEFMOTO to make a harness with one of the cables. plugged that into the Galletto and plugged USB from galletto into laptop. Fixed all driver issues. NefMoto will read the Galletto. I have the ECU open on bench and testing for voltage with switch on harness on shows i have 12.4V at Power pins. Heres where i might sound dumb.

From my understanding in  order to communicate to ECU on a bench you need to enter Boot Mode. Which I found pin 24 and followed circuit to solder point right next to it and only ground it out for a few seconds after hitting slow init. I get nothing. I have attatched a picture of where I am. Thanks in advance.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »

1) nef doesn't do anything with bootmode
2) ground the pin while powering up the ecu, hold it there, then remove it, then connect.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Bumequipment

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »

Ok
Bumequipment

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »

Sorry I was having huge issues responding to this thread for a while.
I have figured out how to read an ECU from my Jetta via the OBD. I'm now trying to read an ECU connected via the OBD and in Boot mode by grounding the pin.
I can get the "Immo" indicator light to prove out correctly so I know I entered boot mode successfully but can't read the ECU thru the same way I did
Is this where I need to use the ME7EEPROM tool to gain access?
d3irb

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 04:07:39 PM »

Sorry I was having huge issues responding to this thread for a while.
I have figured out how to read an ECU from my Jetta via the OBD. I'm now trying to read an ECU connected via the OBD and in Boot mode by grounding the pin.
I can get the "Immo" indicator light to prove out correctly so I know I entered boot mode successfully but can't read the ECU thru the same way I did
Is this where I need to use the ME7EEPROM tool to gain access?

Well, are you trying to read/write Flash or EEPROM? To read/write flash in bootmode you need a flash tool that supports bootmode, like Galletto or MPPS. Nefmoto has the dropdown option but it doesn't work. Most people here use Galletto and hexedit the EXE to support their current FTDI cable, plenty of threads if you search. If you are trying to read/write EEPROM, then yes, bootmode is the right place to start for the EEPROM tool.
Bumequipment

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 04:52:31 AM »

I'm essentially trying to disable immo 3 on an ECU in order to flash it for a different engine. I have the ME7EEPROM tool and a galletto (probably a Chinese version) and an FTDI cable. Can I use the EEPROM tool with the FTDI cable?
Bumequipment

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 02:21:50 PM »

I am definitely getting somewhere. I have successfully read my EEPROM in the original ECU i am now trying to read the new (used) ecu's EEPROM with it in bootmode this is what i got so far
Bumequipment

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »

Ok my actual question is how to get SKC code from an ECU not programmed to the vehicle? I retrieved SKC Code via ME7EEPROM tool thru OBD and I know in order to swap an ECU you need both SKC codes. Do I need to hook up the ME7EEPROM TOOL thru the Galletto on the bench and boot mode it to get the code?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: