Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8T ME7.5 to DSG DQ250 Conversion  (Read 8195 times)
d1scussi0n

« on: July 21, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »

Hello guys,

I am in the middle of finishing the project of swapping a DQ250 for my A3 1.8T 8L and wish to share info with you and maybe make a community project out of it.

1st of all, I got a DQ250 from a VW Passat 2007 (a diesel one) and the controller from a Scirocco 2008. Put the gearbox in and make the wiring which is very simple - you have CANH - CANL, Accesory +, Permanent +, Ground and one more wire that goes into the Comfort Module. Same goes for the controller.

Now it comes the tricky part (at least for me???). My ecu was an auto ecu with a manual flash inside (032HJ). The gearbox did not start from standstill. Flashed a 032HF (supposed to be auto) and same thing. Then flashed a 032GH (some NA golf GTI a/t) but I did something wrong in it and the car did not start so flashed back the 032HF. Car started and gearbox works (finally).

BUT -> if I go VCDS and delete ECU error codes, the gearbox does not work again (idk why yet, probablly something to do with ECU coding / flash - will look into it).

2nd problem is, what do I need to flash (ECU ? TCU? or ABS PUMP) in order for the speed signal to float on CAN? I know that DSG does not have speed sensor and only uses speed signal and not send back. I need that in order to make my launch control work (that I heard).

I can help you guys with schematics and other things related to this in exchange for answering the questions above. Let's help the community together.

Best regards
yxx499

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 12:50:22 AM »

90% of info are there, but you must read the posts.
d1scussi0n

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 02:45:36 AM »

90% of info are there, but you must read the posts.

if I got this far don't you think I read the forum? Instead of being a little girl about it, shut up or help making this into a community project. Otherwise you are useless for us.

Back to the project, after some more digging CWGGVFZG is having something to do with where the speed signal comes from.

Hopefully this will solve something, will test today with CWGGVFZG = 1. (now being 0) Also will need S3 facelift instrument cluster because I have a 99' ones and from what I've read it does not support CAN. Will test and report.

Regarding my issue with deleting error codes, any opinions on that? 032HF is auto ecu (regarding it was a HJ flash into that). eeprom shows 11530 coding which translates into: 5 - FWD with ESP and CAN, 3 - AUTO version, 0 - variant a3/golf. Hopefully someone can help.

Jozua

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 05:14:30 AM »

Nice when I get my s3 8l whant to do the same conv.
d1scussi0n

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 05:41:51 AM »

i will try and report everything I do regarding this. Hopefully others will help. let me know when you do conv so I can help Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »

if I got this far don't you think I read the forum? Instead of being a little girl about it, shut up or help making this into a community project. Otherwise you are useless for us.

Back to the project, after some more digging CWGGVFZG is having something to do with where the speed signal comes from.

Hopefully this will solve something, will test today with CWGGVFZG = 1. (now being 0) Also will need S3 facelift instrument cluster because I have a 99' ones and from what I've read it does not support CAN. Will test and report.

Regarding my issue with deleting error codes, any opinions on that? 032HF is auto ecu (regarding it was a HJ flash into that). eeprom shows 11530 coding which translates into: 5 - FWD with ESP and CAN, 3 - AUTO version, 0 - variant a3/golf. Hopefully someone can help.

Lol. You just black hold yourself.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
d1scussi0n

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »

Lol. You just black hold yourself.

I really don’t understand people’s need of talking without having something to say

Black hold myself? Are you racist mate?
SO4HbIY

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 11:32:19 AM »

CWGGVFZG change to 2 and the speed will be read in ME7.5 via CAN
prj

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2021, 01:28:38 AM »

Black hold myself? Are you racist mate?

I don't think black holes discriminate  Grin

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
dal

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 06:01:51 AM »

Me and a friend done recently an S3 8L with DQ500. The car runs on E100, GT3076 turbo, almost 500whp.
The car is way faster now. Old 02M's with some good mileage are prone to bad shifting on high revs. Now the car gets speed very very very fast.

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
aef

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »

Anyone swapped into a mk4 with mark20 or mk60 abs?
VagDoc

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 08:33:16 AM »

my apologies for the necro bump, Looking to stuff 02E non mqb into older non abs chassis but do it DIY and not buy any external controllers, the only issue it seems I might have is dealing with getting LC to function with no brake pressure switch, has anyone converted the gearbox to use a standard switched signal from say a push button switch or something of that sort?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: