Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Direct to Eeprom  (Read 4171 times)
Petitpois

« on: July 24, 2020, 02:40:34 AM »

Hi everyone,

Has anyone removed their Eeprom, put in a zif socket for ease and programmed directly to the chip through for example a tl866?

Is there a reason or theoretical reason this wouldn't work?

I can appreciate through obd is easier in some respects and hence why this might not have been done commonly.

IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 06:44:53 AM »

Define "Eeprom"

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Petitpois

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 07:37:00 AM »

An ST M95160 Soip 8pin from a Bosch ME7.9.10

Out of a Fiat 500 Abarth

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/m95160-r.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwibm4WfjebqAhUJQhUIHSrkDFgQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0wdD23pYBckbxwuoGEdqwQ

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/products/6862330/

Thanks for the reply that was hella fast
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:36 AM »

What's the reason to flashing it more than once?
Petitpois

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »

I partly chose this route to hopefully minimise read and write errors partially through precise voltage control but also so I can have multiple chips to easily test different tunes and alter one whilst the other is on the Dyno for example.

That and it seemed an uncluttered way of getting information from A to B, as direct and simple as I could think to make the process whilst also being a standardized process that others might be able to easily follow.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 10:20:17 PM »

If OBD flashing isn't option, and you're willing to put in the effort to put in a zif socket, why not try a rom emulator?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Petitpois

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 03:12:26 AM »

I had a look for example at the Ostrich and for sure an emulator would be a better way of changing data quickly I like the idea of trying that later down the line thanks nyet.

I'm in the midst of doing all this and I'm just waiting for more chips to arrive so I've always got my unfettled oem one to fall back on.

The biggest hole in my knowhow (there's a few I'll be the first to say) is decompiling the oem read data to pick out tables and single cell variables, hats off to you all for doing that the sheer time involved.

When I've got this all together Ill put some pics up and it might help someone out at some point.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 05:05:26 AM »

I had a look for example at the Ostrich and for sure an emulator would be a better way of changing data quickly I like the idea of trying that later down the line thanks nyet.

I'm in the midst of doing all this and I'm just waiting for more chips to arrive so I've always got my unfettled oem one to fall back on.

The biggest hole in my knowhow (there's a few I'll be the first to say) is decompiling the oem read data to pick out tables and single cell variables, hats off to you all for doing that the sheer time involved.

When I've got this all together Ill put some pics up and it might help someone out at some point.

Ive done this you need a sioc8 sockett

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Petitpois

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 02:31:36 PM »

Cheers Marty,

I'm going to take the surface mount pin legs bend them 90 degrees and stick them straight into a dip socket to start, then faff with a zif and like nyet mentioned maybe an emulator, the walk before run approach to hopefully avoid cockups.
Petitpois

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »

If anyone gets a spare minute and could take a look at this I'd really appreciate it.

This seems to be all I can pull off the prom, I gotta be doing something surely?
d3irb

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:33 AM »

Wait a second. 95160 is a 16Kbit (2KByte) EEPROM, so your dump makes sense. Here's the thing... this stores the NVRAM-style volatile vehicle specific data (VIN, Immo, DTCs, etc.) for the ECU, not the dataflash containing the code and calibration. I don't think you're reading / writing the part of the system you think you are...
Petitpois

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 10:17:46 AM »

If I style it out and pretend I wasn't reading the wrong chip I'm sure no-one will notice...

Thankyou very much d3irb. That's exactly what I've be doing haha

On the plus side I'm getting somewhere...i identified that chip albeit incorrectly just based on info I could find about people reading chips on this ecu and lots mentioned that one, it would appear for a different purpose though, immo related?

I'm not entirely sure how to identify the one I need to read for the map, I'll try and work it out over the next couple of evenings.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 12:05:34 AM »

I'm not entirely sure how to identify the one I need to read for the map

Which map? Motronic has several thousand Tongue

None of them are in the eeprom.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
simple2me

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 06:46:20 AM »

I bought these for my ecm's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: