Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My very first ECU read, Volvo v70 Me 7.0.1, did it work?  (Read 2811 times)
cittra49

« on: July 29, 2020, 01:43:11 AM »

Short background: Trying to get a volvo v70 to have a top speed of 30km/h due to laws in sweden where kids can drive cars at age 15.

Pulled out the ecu (Bosch ME 7.0.1), connected it as the instructions, did a read and i got 4 files. I names the files V70 and this is what i got

V70.org      size 326 kb
V70.epr      size 1 kb
V70.fls       size 1024 kb
V70.mpc     size 32kb

The org file is a combination of all three i belive - The backup?
i guess its in the fls file i have to edit something, i could open the file in a hexeditor.

This is my first time im trying something like this, and i dont want to brick it, i have read that if i alter it i need to have the checksums ok.

Anyone know at what adress the vmax is so i can edit it in the hex editor?
Found some software who could remove the speed limiter but thats the opposite of what i want to do.

Can i post the fls file so someone can take a look at it so its a correct read from the ecu?

Sorry for the grammar english is not my native language.
tl22bq

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 04:52:01 AM »

you have full backup of ecu you only need the .fls file and there is 3 vss limiter the problem is that BP will never let it true as if you pull a fuse it will go 250km so its to easy to alter this car i am looking for a vss missing rpm limiter this will do the trick if vss is lost only idel rpm in other words gaspedal is "dissconnected" volvo have several diffrent software so the limiter is not in the same place.
dilly

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 12:22:52 AM »

you have full backup of ecu you only need the .fls file and there is 3 vss limiter the problem is that BP will never let it true as if you pull a fuse it will go 250km so its to easy to alter this car i am looking for a vss missing rpm limiter this will do the trick if vss is lost only idel rpm in other words gaspedal is "dissconnected" volvo have several diffrent software so the limiter is not in the same place.
yeah but why would 1 the 15 year old know how to do that and 2 who would tell the kid how to do that. odds are the kid barely knows what a car is.
d3irb

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 07:35:58 AM »

yeah but why would 1 the 15 year old know how to do that and 2 who would tell the kid how to do that. odds are the kid barely knows what a car is.

i think what that post was trying to say is that the police won't accept that as a valid 30km/h car (a-traktor) because the limiter is too easy to bypass, not that the kid is actually going to remove the limiter.
Rolle1974

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »

Post .bin file so i can have a look
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: