Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med17.xx stage 1/ 2 tune  (Read 7688 times)
_nameless

« on: July 30, 2020, 05:19:21 AM »

So I figured id start a new post and hopefully keep this forum going. I'm startimg a thread for the guys who wanna start tuning their later model cars that have med17 ecus. Obiously several versions and models use these generation ecus, so with tjat said what model / soft version do you think you'd like to use for the group-in project?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 11:19:30 AM »

Question here
Is it necessary to patch some kind of 5120 at those ecus or vcds fix would be enough?
prj

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 04:18:24 AM »

Question here
Is it necessary to patch some kind of 5120 at those ecus or vcds fix would be enough?

There are so many different MED17 ECU's that this can not be answered.
Some are native 5120, some are not.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
matchew

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 05:38:00 AM »

There are so many different MED17 ECU's that this can not be answered.
Some are native 5120, some are not.

It was a long time ago, so don't hold me to it. I think the rule of thumb is anything 4 cylinder != 5120. Thinking about it even the newest MED17 is not  truly 5120 capable. 
Killerboy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 01:51:55 AM »

Hey guy's.
Well really long story shortened. I have a Peugeot 207 with 1.6 THP 150 engine ( mechanically identical with 175) using MED17.4.2
In the past it went true like 3-4 turbos and full build with Forged internals and the required support mods (or as far as i figured it out).

This year i placed the latest turbo on it and because of allot of reasons now i want to start making changes to the ECU my self.
I have a few variations of molded files and one stock one (not from my ECU tho  Sad )

So far i did take a few check at what my SLOW(remorely) tuner did. He works great on site but he is 800 km away and i can't go there because of Covid related stuff.

As i was looking around i have found that there are changes to min and max advance that the car can have. There is a little bit of a slow turbo spool where i mean at 4000 rpm floor it and you wait as the request slowly moves up ( i think at least that is set in one of the tables for rate of change in load ) but i am not able to figure it out yet .

I want to also figure out the max torque per gear (at least from what i see it should be possible to do that) Basically i want to implement load buy gear (similar to boost by gear)  . All of that because the larger 225 tire and the LSD fail to provide enough grip in first and second so i want to make for a better launch .

I have really low experience with stock ECU's . I have electronics knowledge and engine workings knowledge. i have read true how MED7 works and i thin i have a basic understanding . If i am able to figure where the maps are exactly ( i have some found from a file with defined maps i have but i struggled with KFMLOP since in one file it is 11x16 and in my file it is 12X16 ) i will spend more time to correct it.

So any help in that direction will be absolutely appreciated Smiley
armaan

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »

Hello everyone

Nice to see this thread.

What kind of maps does one need to make a decent 1.2 bar tune on a MED17 vs say on a MED9.1

I found and defined these. Probably some axises are wrong lol but just wondering what other new tables would we need to tune say compared to a MED9.1

Still have to figure out which one is LDRXNLB and which is ZK so I just numbered them for now.

Regards.

It is indeed a difference of perception that brings about our and others reality.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: