Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mk6 Golf R Cluster Coolant Temperature Gauge change map from F° to C°  (Read 2319 times)
lfc123

I have a Japanese import Mk6 R and I have swapped the cluster to a US cluster and swapped the "foil" over so that temp gauge is in Celsius. However, at full temp the needle is slightly past 12 o'clock which is annoying. I have tried changing region via OBDEleven but it doesn't fix. Does anyone know if there is any data in EEPROM that can fix this? Is it just a case of changing the coolant temp gauge map like in this topic or this post on a6klub.pl?

Cluster is VDO 5K6 920 972E.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:18:15 AM by lfc123 » Logged
lfc123

I have the bin from my old cluster, I've looked at the data but can't find the coolant temp gauge.. Could anyone give some advice on how to find it?

Thanks
H2Deetoo

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 10:40:56 AM »

I don't have the exact info for the temperature gauge, but what I normally do in such case is switch to a complete other eeprom with the correct desired setting (Celcius in this case).
Transfer the crypted immo area from 12A0-14FF and you can also copy/set some other settings if you like.
Write that new eeprom and you should be set Smiley

Regards,
H2Deetoo
lfc123

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 11:46:17 AM »

I don't have the exact info for the temperature gauge, but what I normally do in such case is switch to a complete other eeprom with the correct desired setting (Celcius in this case).
Transfer the crypted immo area from 12A0-14FF and you can also copy/set some other settings if you like.
Write that new eeprom and you should be set Smiley

Regards,
H2Deetoo

Thanks for the reply! I actually think my needle is in the wrong place.

Anyway, the problem I have now is the "bulb error" light. I had a thought recently that the position of symbols might be different between Japanese and US RPM gauge and I was right. The  Speedo has different symbols but with the same meaning, not too bothered about that. So, when the handbrake is on the bulb error comes on because on the US cluster it is "PARK".
As you can see here:
US speedo (installed), JPN speedo.

JPN RPM (installed), US RPM.

Would doing your method fix this? I guess so, right. I'm using the clip, not soldering. Can it really cause damage?
Dande

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 01:43:42 AM »

Try VAG Dash editor

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sWyTBL65qLmgLkqe_rDF5iEkTnm8r2At
lfc123

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 03:49:32 AM »

Amazing, thank you so much. Don't know how I didn't find this, all the research I've done lol.
lfc123

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 12:31:09 AM »

It worked perfectly with the clip, no issues! I can get my MOT done now lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: