Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.7T EGT Senors  (Read 3922 times)
Leafy

« on: August 17, 2020, 06:44:18 AM »

I just picked up an early 02 manual allroad but it's got a dead egt sensor. I can't find much info posted about this, are there any major downsides to deleting it for a stock turbo car? Or is it worth spending the $80 or so dollars to get the SID motorsports boards from Poland. And as that does it make sense to get the rs4 version to get the larger range?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »

Yes, you lose a valuable safety mechanism. People do it anyway, and trust their BTS to save them.

the boards are another option, rs6 (not rs4) ones are another but they require map changes

afaik rs4 EGTs are also narrowband but i could be wrong

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
armageddon

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »

afaik rs4 EGTs are also narrowband but i could be wrong

You are not Smiley
Leafy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply I couldn't tell if it was just for safety or if it was normal to use the egt referenced fueling table in tune. It's hard to keep which factory model has the right things straight someones.
I'll probably order the rs6 ones but drive it stock but deleted until they show up, it's has 710a bpvs anyways so I don't want to turn the boost up until I replace those
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »

Good call. Just get 710n's btw, they're good to 30psi or more just fine.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Leafy

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 06:42:07 PM »

I'm torn between the non-Bosch 710n @55 each, finding some nos borscht made 710ns @80+ each, and or getting forge 007s for $42 each. I keep seeing that the non-Bosch 710ns aren't great.

And to keep on egts, the rs6 boards convert normal egts into wide and right since the actual probe is the same type of thermocouple. Obviously plus adjusting the ECU parameters.
RBPE

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 04:41:13 AM »

I'm torn between the non-Bosch 710n @55 each, finding some nos borscht made 710ns @80+ each, and or getting forge 007s for $42 each. I keep seeing that the non-Bosch 710ns aren't great.

And to keep on egts, the rs6 boards convert normal egts into wide and right since the actual probe is the same type of thermocouple. Obviously plus adjusting the ECU parameters.

Don't use fake stuff when it comes to valves, maf's and injectors....well, anything to do with air n fuel or just on your car really, it never ends well for those I've seen "take a chance"! I think I paid about £60 for my gen 710P a few years back.

Speaking of which, the 710N's were replaced with 710P's years ago if you are struggling to find new ones, just use a genuine one of those, also, if you do try 007's and N's/P's you'll need to change your mapping to suit for best results.

As an example - I bought a car from a "friend" a few years back, felt nice and quick on test drive but slow when I bought it off him. Did some checks and he'd removed the 007 and replaced it for an old N for his own 1.8T (tosser), these are same day log plot's for reference on my 1.8T-
 Custom Code with the 007 it was supoposed to be, he'd replaced with the knackered old N when I went through everything - then I added the P, logged, went to stock map and made a couple of base maps. So I'm sure the CC map lost about 30hp/lb/ft with the change.

AUQ Comparison tq by Rick B, on Flickr

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:56:33 AM by RBPE » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 09:22:21 AM »

That doesn't even remotely correlate what is wrong with those DVs with those results. I'm not sure I understand the point to the graph.

What is the failure mode? Leaking DV?

I don't get what the point of that graph is.

ECUx Plot

Leafy

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 01:40:28 PM »

That doesn't even remotely correlate what is wrong with those DVs with those results. I'm not sure I understand the point to the graph.

What is the failure mode? Leaking DV?

I don't get what the point of that graph is.

Yeah I don't understand either. I've never tuned a car with an ecu controlled bpv but I've never seen any other car regardless of stock diaphragm bpv, built in efr, or quailty aftermarket piston valve do that unless there was a mechanical problem, like a leak.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 01:49:41 PM »

At WOT, the DV is either holding pressure, or it is not. If it losing pressure, the difference would manifest in load based ps_w vs actual manifold pressure, which wasn't logged.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: