Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 90 C° Hot start problem  (Read 1891 times)
BlackT

« on: August 22, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

I have problem with hot start on my car. Most when coolant is 80 +C°
It cranks a bit longer and when it start I can smell fuel and have a smoke from exhaust.
But the bigger problem is: if my foot slip from clutch and car shouts down it take a whole minute of cranking to start again.
Can't find any map that could help me to resolve this, all maps I can find are for colder temp.

6 bar fpr, returnless
New OEM TT injectors (all maps copied from BAM file for injectors) STFT are in 5% range, LTFT are off
Fuel E40
jdm

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »

KFHSTT is your base coolant warm start enrichment table. Warm start often correlates with IAT heat soak, so its likely KFFWL (coolant vs IAT) enrichment factor also needs some work in the areas applicable to your hard start condition.

Are you running 6bar FPR to compensate for the small injectors with E40? I feel like its big ask of the fuel system when you throw any respectable boost level on top.  What pump do you have fueling that combo?
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 12:51:23 AM »

KFHSTT is your base coolant warm start enrichment table. Warm start often correlates with IAT heat soak, so its likely KFFWL (coolant vs IAT) enrichment factor also needs some work in the areas applicable to your hard start condition.

Are you running 6bar FPR to compensate for the small injectors with E40? I feel like its big ask of the fuel system when you throw any respectable boost level on top.  What pump do you have fueling that combo?
Thank you very much Wink Wink KFHSTT and KFWHSTT could be maps I am looking for. Will try and report

input in KFFWL is tmst, what is defined as motor start temperature. Will check today but I think that is coolant temp at moment when motor was started

Yes I put a 6 bar FPR so I don't need to make return fuel sistem, and injectors now can keep up with K04 turbo, fuel pump is from audi RS2 https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/magneti-marelli-7613387.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: