Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KRKTE off  (Read 3932 times)
Sandstorm3k

« on: September 06, 2020, 11:07:42 AM »

Hey there, another probably very noob question but here goes.

My current tune has the same KRKTE value as compared to a stock file yet my car has a high pressure inline pump and a 4 bar regulator. Injectors are stock. Seems odd as it made 250 something HP on this tune, i thought the injectors would run out.

I've come across the KRKTE calculator but i can't seem to figure it out, as when i put in stock injector value the returned KRKTE is not the same as a stock file. What is the correct way for determing the correct KRKTE? Also without changing this shouldn't the car run very rich?

It seems the AUQ has 314cc injectors @ 3 bar. At 4 bar this should make 363cc.

Any help is appreciated
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »

Hey there, another probably very noob question but here goes.

My current tune has the same KRKTE value as compared to a stock file yet my car has a high pressure inline pump and a 4 bar regulator. Injectors are stock. Seems odd as it made 250 something HP on this tune, i thought the injectors would run out.

I've come across the KRKTE calculator but i can't seem to figure it out, as when i put in stock injector value the returned KRKTE is not the same as a stock file. What is the correct way for determing the correct KRKTE? Also without changing this shouldn't the car run very rich?

It seems the AUQ has 314cc injectors @ 3 bar. At 4 bar this should make 363cc.

Any help is appreciated

It appears the number i'm looking for should be approx. 0.0892152. I'll give it a go. Just wondering why it wouldn't be there on a so called (i know stages aren't really a thing) stage 2 tune.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 12:27:43 PM »

Who tuned it?  There's many maps that can be fudged to make it be okay.  What are trims?
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »

Who tuned it?  There's many maps that can be fudged to make it be okay.  What are trims?

A dutch company. I figured, FKKVS was modified as it seems. Car did always run pretty rich, especially on idle. Now with my own made tune it was running extremely lean, so i'm back to the drawing board i suppose.

What i'm trying to accomplish seemed very simple but turned out to be much more complicated. I want to get the car running properly with OEM Bosch MAF and stock DV instead of BOV and so called alpha-n. I used a stock file and copied the to me required changes over from my "stage 2/260hp" tune it ran like shit, very lean bad idle etc.

Ive also ran a completely stock file on the car with only changes to KRKTE, it ran 100% perfect with 152g/s on the MAF.

Now in my stage 2 tune there is a shitload of changes. Is this really required on a near stock setup trying to make good power out of the little k03s? I've got all the bits on it for a stage 2+ tune so now i just need to figure the software out.

Is it possible to use the tune i currently have and make it run properly with a MAF, or is this just dumb and should i start from stock. If so which maps would be a good base to go with?

I figured LDRXN, KFMIOP, KFMIRL, KRKTE would be a decent base. But what maps would also need adjustments?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »

Why are you mixing stage 1/stage 2 and all that other nonsense with getting fueling right?

None of that makes a lick of sense.

Fueling is a function of your injector, fuel pressure regulator, and MAF. Leave FKVVS alone. Tune KRKTE, TVUB, and MLHFM.

Fix one thing at a time. Go to stock, fix fueling from there. Then add the rest.

It baffles me why people keep insisting on trying to fix everything at once
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:01:32 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 01:07:20 PM »

Why are you mixing stage 1/stage 2 and all that other nonsense with getting fueling right?

None of that makes a lick of sense.

Fueling is a function of your injector, fuel pressure regulator, and MAF. Leave FKVVS alone. Tune KRKTE, TVUB, and MLHFM.

Fix one thing at a time. Go to stock, fix fueling from there. Then add the rest.

It baffles me why people keep insisting on trying to fix everything at once

I don't know, i'm trying to learn. I figured with the correct KRKTE i would be fine with a 4 bar regulator regarding fuelling. As stated in the S4wiki adjusting fuelling isn't technically necessary so what should i do. I'm running 98 octane fuel no exception so should i change fuelling or keep stock settings?

Then what? Do i just add the boost and raise the limiters and call it a day.
adam-

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 01:08:57 PM »

4 maps are not enough for a base. Alpha-n? Not at your level, I'm afraid.

There's no point in dissecting another tune unless you can understand what's been changed and why. If you can't make sense of it in your own head it's because it's wrong, or you're not thinking about the numbers correctly.

Get a base sorted with stock boost, adjust for maf and fueling and get a log. When it's in check and you have trims. Add boost. Repeat until you run out of turbo or fuel.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sandstorm3k

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 01:12:54 PM »

4 maps are not enough for a base. Alpha-n? Not at your level, I'm afraid.

There's no point in dissecting another tune unless you can understand what's been changed and why. If you can't make sense of it in your own head it's because it's wrong, or you're not thinking about the numbers correctly.

Get a base sorted with stock boost, adjust for maf and fueling and get a log. When it's in check and you have trims. Add boost. Repeat until you run out of turbo or fuel.

No i want to step away from it. So i got rid of the BOV as also stated in the S4wiki. What should be changed for MAF? it is stock 1.8T MAF.

I understand the next part, but what maps are 100% required for adding boost and not run into problems. Is what stated in S4wiki enough? So torque limits, KFLDHBN, LDRXN?
adam-

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »

I meant if amended. Run stock tables if the hardware is stock.

Irl, iop, hbn, rxn. Forget boost though, prove you have fuel in check before it melts. People are obsessed with boost and it takes one single bad knock event to blow ring lands off.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 01:19:34 PM »

As stated in the S4wiki adjusting fuelling isn't technically necessary
That isn't what it says. It says if you have stock injectors, fpr, and MAF you don't need to adjust fueling.

I'm running 98 octane fuel

Why would that change fueling (with respect to lamda 1 calibration)

Is lambda 1 different for 98 octane fuel?

Yes, with 98 oct you can run lamba 1 across more of the tune.

"Fueling" doesn't generally mean changing lambda req, it more refers to getting the ECU calibrated such that actual lambda matches requested.

If the difference isn't clear, you should probably step back from tuning for a bit and review the basics.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:22:05 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »

I meant if amended. Run stock tables if the hardware is stock.

Irl, iop, hbn, rxn. Forget boost though, prove you have fuel in check before it melts. People are obsessed with boost and it takes one single bad knock event to blow ring lands off.

I see. I'll spend my day tomorrow starting with stock working from there. But figuring i ran the car like this for well over a year I'd say it has fuel. High pressure inline pump, good fuel and 4 bar reg. Thanks for your input though appreciate it.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:55:28 PM by Sandstorm3k » Logged
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »

That isn't what it says. It says if you have stock injectors, fpr, and MAF you don't need to adjust fueling.

Why would that change fueling (with respect to lamda 1 calibration)

Is lambda 1 different for 98 octane fuel?

Yes, with 98 oct you can run lamba 1 across more of the tune.

"Fueling" doesn't generally mean changing lambda req, it more refers to getting the ECU calibrated such that actual lambda matches requested.

If the difference isn't clear, you should probably step back from tuning for a bit and review the basics.

I see. Wasn't clear for me. I'll try my best to make sormthing of it tomorrow.

Fixing fuel through KRKTE should be enough i suppose. I'll try some logs and see what i can do
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:55:04 PM by Sandstorm3k » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: