Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turning off Error Class's for Systems that "dont" require readiness  (Read 1977 times)
bamofo

I understand why we do not just turn off error classes for Emissions related systems, it will just sit at incomplete or fail.

Question is, for things like Intake Flapper systems on some of the MED9.1.1 systems like the RS4... What is the harm in turning off the error classes to those? Rather then coding out the flapper system all together...

Looking for pro/cons... or just guidance so i can fast track some work i am doing now, or learn more about these systems to code it off correctly. Thanks in advance
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »

Hiding p codes does only that. Runner flaps when deleted need a lot of fine tuning in cold start tables at the very least. Not to mention you just tottally changed the inlet path of the incoming air. End result will be weak feeling mid throttle without retuning. Really no advantage deleting them with stock intake manifold and turbo. With large(gt30 or larger) turbo and a custom sri thwn yes runner flaps will need to be deleted

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
bamofo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 10:52:07 AM »

Hiding p codes does only that. Runner flaps when deleted need a lot of fine tuning in cold start tables at the very least. Not to mention you just tottally changed the inlet path of the incoming air. End result will be weak feeling mid throttle without retuning. Really no advantage deleting them with stock intake manifold and turbo. With large(gt30 or larger) turbo and a custom sri thwn yes runner flaps will need to be deleted

So tuning aside because i can work with that.

My real question is why should i not just "hide the p codes" in this situation. is there a reason to fully learn the system and disable the components, monitoring, and any release CWD words that go with it? or is that a waste of my time. I do not want this thread to be about intake flaps, i just want to make sure i understand systems that are not related to emissions and how i "should" be going about coding them out / Benefits to either.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »

Because the conditions that cause codes can affect other parts of the system unless the root cause of the condition can be removed (real code out, not hiding DTCs)

You never know w/o reading the FR thoroughly, and even that might not match with the version of ECU you're using.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: