Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: REMAP TT APX TO STAGE 3 BY MYSELF..SOMEONE WOULD HELP ME?  (Read 7463 times)
andre-77

« on: September 28, 2020, 07:53:00 AM »

Hi everybody!!
During the last 3 years i'd worked for tuning my TT APX for the goal of 400 cv.
Finally i've rebuild the engine with the right components for this target, i hope so Tongue , and now i'm ready for remap my ECU.
I'm not expert to use ECU manager software so i thought to write this topic because i hope that someone would like to help me in this journey to the stage 3.
I've done a log using VCDS in 3th gear, a video of AFR wideband lambda (because i know the APX engine are narrowband) and finally i've exctrat the ORI file from my ECU using Kess V2.
I would like to remap my ORI using ECM Titanium software....so below there's the link where i've posted all of material i've in my hands:

https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1994453&p=9415923#p9415923

I truly hope that someone could help me!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:24:53 AM »

Please don't shout.

Also, please follow forum rules regarding logs.

xls is useless.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=48.0

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
andre-77

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:37:20 PM »

Ooops  Roll Eyes i'm sorry!

ok i'll do a log using Me7 logger and i'll post it  Grin thanks!
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:22:28 AM »

Hi everybody!!
During the last 3 years i'd worked for tuning my TT APX for the goal of 400 cv.
Finally i've rebuild the engine with the right components for this target, i hope so Tongue , and now i'm ready for remap my ECU.
I'm not expert to use ECU manager software so i thought to write this topic because i hope that someone would like to help me in this journey to the stage 3.
I've done a log using VCDS in 3th gear, a video of AFR wideband lambda (because i know the APX engine are narrowband) and finally i've exctrat the ORI file from my ECU using Kess V2.
I would like to remap my ORI using ECM Titanium software....so below there's the link where i've posted all of material i've in my hands:

https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1994453&p=9415923#p9415923

I truly hope that someone could help me!
Few thoughts:
First dont use ecm its garbage. You wont have nearly enough maps to what you need to do and the changes ecm makes isnt always good. Poorly defined, maoes changes to maps that don't need to be touched or misses maps completely.
Second many more mappack s exist for the wideband cars, and considering you plan on going big turbo imo it would be in your best interest to swap to a wideband ecu and configure and calibrate that for your setup
Third is logging download me7 logger read the threads, watch some youtube vids to help you set it up and configure for your car.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »

For tuning you can use winols or tunerpro. User defined mappacks are required but thousands of them are floating around that could be used for your car as a base to start with. Tunerpro is free and can be downloaded directly from their site. Winols is a paid program normally costing around 1000euros. Cracked versions are floating around and can be found on mhh, garageforum, and a few other open boards. For a baseline on what maps to change you'll wanna read the s4 wiki to get an overview of how me7 is setup. Personally is download the fr and read that after too.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
andre-77

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 07:00:39 AM »

Thank you so much for your answer!
I’m open to convert my car in a Wideband ECU but honestly I don’t how and what I’ve to do for doing it!
For tue software I’ve no problem to use Tunerpro!
Blazius

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 09:26:24 AM »

Thank you so much for your answer!
I’m open to convert my car in a Wideband ECU but honestly I don’t how and what I’ve to do for doing it!
For tue software I’ve no problem to use Tunerpro!

Depending on what base you have with, youll need a few things , but mostly you need add 2-3 wires to the harness, there are plenty of tutorials on audizine for example.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 11:11:27 AM »

At minimum youll need a lsu4.2 lambda sensor, I have used lsu4.9 sensors too without any issue too. Youll need to remove vvt because your car is not equipped with it. Also, youll need to edit project configuration bits and end staging table, project configuration is the table of bits that configures the ecu telling it what hardware the cars is equipped / diagnostics for those systems. For the lambda conversion its simple, if you read below.

Your new wires will go as such

Existing harness New harness
Pin#1 goes to Pin#3
Pin#2 goes to Pin#4
Pin#3 goes to Pin#5
Pin#4 goes to Pin#1

Now you will have two wires left for your new o2 harness. You will then need to run the two new wires from the ecu harness. I used 22gauge strand wire and 60/40 solder.

Pin 52 on ecu harness goes to Pin#6 on your new harness (there are two harnesses to the ecu, you need the larger side harness)

Pin 71 on ecu harness goes to Pin#2 (same harness directly above pin 52) 

_nameless

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 11:14:44 AM »

i forgot the picture^^ is an adapter i made so no cutting of the stock loom you just need some bits from a old engine loom and you can make this too. the reason it has 2 is because i made it so it can use lsu4.2 or 4.9 sensors

andre-77

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »

Many thanks Marty! You’re very kind! Ok the works seems easy, but what about the ECU settings?
andre-77

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 03:27:18 AM »

Many thanks Marty! You’re very kind! Ok the works seems easy, but what about the ECU settings?

I've found some tutorials on other forum but i don't understand if i've to swap my ECU into a wideband one or i can keep mine...
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 05:21:40 AM »

Do whatever you feel is best.

andre-77

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 05:37:18 AM »

Huh

My question was, can i swap my car into a wideband without changing the ECU? not the setting it's clear that i've to do it but i'm talking about the hardware
Blazius

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 05:49:10 AM »

Rewiring with wideband ECU is the easiest, they cost fuck all.
_nameless

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 05:50:49 AM »

Huh

My question was, can i swap my car into a wideband without changing the ECU? not the setting it's clear that i've to do it but i'm talking about the hardware
The hardware between wideband and narrowband ecus are not the same, you need a wideband ecu if you plan on doing the conversion.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: