Pages: [1]
Author Topic: trying to read/edit tuned ecu  (Read 4149 times)
Nickpe802

« on: October 16, 2020, 12:42:44 AM »

hey I am trying to read my me7.5 ecu, eurocustoms custom tune. I want to make a few edits ( evap delete, rev limit change, etc.)but i cant get a read because I believe the read command is disabled from the research I have done. obviously because eurocustoms don't want other people to take files and take credit (which im not trying to do). is there any way I can read this? I have heard bootmode but from my understanding bootmode is only for reading the immo eprom?? any suggestions?  I just don't want to ruin my ecu because it already runs pretty good on it... thanks..
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »

Open ECU if original 400BB/800BB is inside. You can read it with boot mode
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 03:01:23 AM »

hey I am trying to read my me7.5 ecu, eurocustoms custom tune. I want to make a few edits ( evap delete, rev limit change, etc.)but i cant get a read because I believe the read command is disabled from the research I have done. obviously because eurocustoms don't want other people to take files and take credit (which im not trying to do). is there any way I can read this? I have heard bootmode but from my understanding bootmode is only for reading the immo eprom?? any suggestions?  I just don't want to ruin my ecu because it already runs pretty good on it... thanks..
Bootmode is not only for Immo, with boot you can download "Microprozessor Part" and "Flash Part" dont think just ask people! Smiley

X-Boost Performance

Nickpe802

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 03:07:04 AM »

Thanks guys im just a noob so still learning. its a 2004 me7.5 so it is 800bb. so being a locked ecu i can throw it into bootmode with the right software i can read the tune file off of it?
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 03:13:53 AM »

Thanks guys im just a noob so still learning. its a 2004 me7.5 so it is 800bb. so being a locked ecu i can throw it into bootmode with the right software i can read the tune file off of it?
Sure, Software and Hardware  u will need.... And yes u will get the file without Problem from the ecu Smiley and yes you can flash a other Software on it. Remember - Boot mode does not increase the Flashcounter but OBD2 flash does increase the flash counter so always you trying do it in Bootmode

X-Boost Performance

Nickpe802

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 03:17:43 AM »

is there a way to enable the read / write with nef moto? what is the flash counter? and last what is a program i can use? i ordered galletto 1260 but hasnt came yet.. thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 12:30:15 PM »

is there a way to enable the read / write with nef moto? what is the flash counter? and last what is a program i can use? i ordered galletto 1260 but hasnt came yet.. thanks

flash over it with bootmode with a stock file.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Nickpe802

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »

thats the thing like i said i wanted to edit my tune ecu. i dont want to revert it to stock.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 09:41:32 PM »

thats the thing like i said i wanted to edit my tune ecu. i dont want to revert it to stock.

I don't want to go over this again. ugh. I should just write something up I can copy paste

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Nickpe802

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 09:47:12 PM »

I don't want to go over this again. ugh. I should just write something up I can copy paste
im sorry man....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »

1) you should probably get permission first
2) you have no way of knowing what the tuners intent was
3) some tuners move maps around to obscure what they're doing
4) most tuners are lazy and incompetent so learning based on what they've done isn't always useful
5) to get past 2 3 and 4 you should already know what each change from stock does
6) once you know that, you're best off doing your own tune from scratch

ECUx Plot

Nickpe802

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 11:55:17 PM »

1) you should probably get permission first
2) you have no way of knowing what the tuners intent was
3) some tuners move maps around to obscure what they're doing
4) most tuners are lazy and incompetent so learning based on what they've done isn't always useful
5) to get past 2 3 and 4 you should already know what each change from stock does
6) once you know that, you're best off doing your own tune from scratch
thanks man. I understand all that from reading on this forum. but im just trying to get a read off my tuned ecu for now the car runs great with it I just want to tweak a few small things.

Nickpe802

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 12:41:56 AM »

i cant find any maps any have no luck making them for the 2.0 file thats why we went to the 1.8t file and of course because the map sensor... i just wanted to send my 2.0 file to my tuner but i cant get it off the ecu because its locked..
dream

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 03:28:52 PM »

thanks man. I understand all that from reading on this forum. but im just trying to get a read off my tuned ecu for now the car runs great with it I just want to tweak a few small things.

I understand your point here but just like Nyet says, dont ever tune a tuned file. You never know what other tuners intentions are.

If you want to get this file from your ecu just put it in boot mode and read the flash, kinda basic stuff.

Good luck
Nickpe802

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »

thanks guys i got it done. i want sure if it was reading the immo or flash. but i figured it out. thanks everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: