Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Having trouble logging on jettas?  (Read 3927 times)
Swakefield

« on: October 23, 2020, 06:22:22 AM »

When logging my b6 a4 1.8t it connects and logs flawlessly. But when I try to log a mk4 jetta 1.8t it fails to connect. Its not the jetta because this has happened with 2 different jettas. Do I have to use specific connection settings for the jettas?

Yes I made an .ecu file from the jettas bin.

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2002 Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8t 5 Speed Quattro - Upgraded DV, Full Catless Exhaust, Chinese K04-015, Silicone TIP, Coilover Suspension, 630CC Bosch Injectors, Coolerworx Shifter Assembly
timus

Polo 86c2f 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 07:09:44 AM »

Did your jetta have aftermarket stereo system? I have problem with few vw in past and disconnecting aftermarket stereo usually helps.
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 07:40:46 AM »

Remove cluster fuse
Swakefield

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:46 AM »

Did your jetta have aftermarket stereo system? I have problem with few vw in past and disconnecting aftermarket stereo usually helps.
He does have an aftermarket stereo, ill try that thanks!

Ill try removing the cluster fuse as well!

2002 Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8t 5 Speed Quattro - Upgraded DV, Full Catless Exhaust, Chinese K04-015, Silicone TIP, Coilover Suspension, 630CC Bosch Injectors, Coolerworx Shifter Assembly
justinvw2646

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »

A lot of the aftermarket radio adapter harnesses power the K-line wire  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes while you have the radio out clip and tape the K-line wire so in the future the radio doesn’t need to be removed.
Swakefield

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 06:33:32 AM »

A lot of the aftermarket radio adapter harnesses power the K-line wire  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes while you have the radio out clip and tape the K-line wire so in the future the radio doesn’t need to be removed.
Thats already been done but thanks!

At this point after messing around ive gotten it to function well enough for me. If I pull the 2nd cluster fuse, with the first one out, and put the 2nd cluster fuse back in, I can get the logger to run for nearly 60 seconds before it stops receiving information.

If I leave the 2nd fuse out, it doesn't connect at all. If I keep it in, it connects for a few seconds then I get a long error message that I cant read.

So I suppose for now I'll make a small pigtail trigger that can have 2 connectors slide in where the 2nd fuse goes with a length of wire and a momentary switch so that I can trigger (remove and reinstall) the fuse while driving right before taking a log. I dont need a log nearly 60 seconds long so it should fit my needs! Thanks guys!

Blazius

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 11:25:13 AM »

Thats already been done but thanks!

At this point after messing around ive gotten it to function well enough for me. If I pull the 2nd cluster fuse, with the first one out, and put the 2nd cluster fuse back in, I can get the logger to run for nearly 60 seconds before it stops receiving information.

If I leave the 2nd fuse out, it doesn't connect at all. If I keep it in, it connects for a few seconds then I get a long error message that I cant read.

So I suppose for now I'll make a small pigtail trigger that can have 2 connectors slide in where the 2nd fuse goes with a length of wire and a momentary switch so that I can trigger (remove and reinstall) the fuse while driving right before taking a log. I dont need a log nearly 60 seconds long so it should fit my needs! Thanks guys!

Clean up the K-line then... run it straight from ECU to port if need be. Also try slow-0x00( you have to write it manuall) connection, thats the only mode that connects for me with everything in place.
Swakefield

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »

Clean up the K-line then... run it straight from ECU to port if need be. Also try slow-0x00( you have to write it manuall) connection, thats the only mode that connects for me with everything in place.
Ill give 0x00 a try before touching the wiring! Thanks!

BlackT

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »

Jetta, golf Mk4, audi A3, seat ibiza, audi TT...
Best is immo off( or switch for two K-lines) and direct K-line, everything else is pain in ass
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: