Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tips for my first "project" (audi a4 2.7 biturbo swap)  (Read 3421 times)
KArlo456

« on: October 27, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »

Hi guys i started my first project which is audi a4 2.7 biturbo swapped (quattro)
Im 17 and im doing it with my dad who has a lot of experience with cars but I want to know some little thing what can i do to make it faster and better
Some tips and easy advices that doesnt cost much

The car is completely stock 2.7 biturbo 250hp (was automatic but we fitted 1.8t gearbox on it with i think 2.8 v6 clutch)
So what can i do to tune the ECU for example and other simple mods

Thanks in advance Smiley
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »

nice one man, 2.7tt swap is not something to scuff at 17. You can get decent power out from it with just a tune, but remember maintenance is everything on that motor.

However you posted this in the wrong zone Smiley
KArlo456

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »

Yeah thanks

Yeah it was new to me and my dad but we did it (had most trouble with coding from automatic to manual gearbox but we did it) the car can run but still some coding to do so it can run smooth
The motor had its belt broken so it bended some valves and lifters but we put everything new in the motor and now it runs perfectly (serviced completely)

How can the tune be done since we cant dyno it (is it even possible to tune it without dyno and without tuning it on the road since we cant drive it its road illegal)
What should i do then?

Im sorry for posting in the wrong zone im new Undecided

Thanks for the quick reply! Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 10:18:58 PM »

Yeah thanks

Yeah it was new to me and my dad but we did it (had most trouble with coding from automatic to manual gearbox but we did it) the car can run but still some coding to do so it can run smooth
The motor had its belt broken so it bended some valves and lifters but we put everything new in the motor and now it runs perfectly (serviced completely)

How can the tune be done since we cant dyno it (is it even possible to tune it without dyno and without tuning it on the road since we cant drive it its road illegal)
What should i do then?

Im sorry for posting in the wrong zone im new Undecided

Thanks for the quick reply! Smiley

you need some kind of way to test the car to collect data so road tune or dyno tune is really the only options for tuning. what codes do you currently have? start here to get an overview of what needs to be done
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
KArlo456

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »

you need some kind of way to test the car to collect data so road tune or dyno tune is really the only options for tuning. what codes do you currently have? start here to get an overview of what needs to be done
http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Is it possible to flash some kind of tune file we have MPPS program and "interface" which we use to flash tunes for 1.9tdi and other cars so would that be possible for the 2.7 biturbo?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 09:37:27 PM »

Is it possible to flash some kind of tune file we have MPPS program and "interface" which we use to flash tunes for 1.9tdi and other cars so would that be possible for the 2.7 biturbo?

Did you read any of the stickies or the link in my sig?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: