Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 0280158112-M (720cc injectors)  (Read 8299 times)
zamzu

« on: November 01, 2020, 11:22:24 AM »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone have ever used those injectors (0280158112-M 720cc @ 3 bar)
I have the pench paper witch says that the Tvub is:

3.8 / 2.6 / 2.2 / 1.9 / 1.7 / 1.5 / 1.4 / 1.3

I am sure, that those are deadtimes @ 3 bar (which already feels too high) but
using 4 bar fpr I should multiply those about 1,16...Never seen that crazy high deadtimes.

Is it ok or rather a mistake?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 04:41:27 PM »

All injectors have differing sensitivity to fuel pressure.

Most good specs tell you what that correction should be. If it doesn't, you will have to use trial and error or a flowbench and measure dead times yourself.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »

All injectors have differing sensitivity to fuel pressure.

Most good specs tell you what that correction should be. If it doesn't, you will have to use trial and error or a flowbench and measure dead times yourself.

I remember you talking about this in another thread, somebody was claiming that TVUB should not be altered with relation to pressure , some didnt. Ofcourse pressure sensitivity is there but is this the right way to apply that correction? its still inconclusive there and there is a bit of conflicting information and experiences.

What do you think?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »

Again, some specs supply it, some don't.

YMMV Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
zamzu

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 09:47:21 PM »

I remember you talking about this in another thread, somebody was claiming that TVUB should not be altered with relation to pressure , some didnt. Ofcourse pressure sensitivity is there but is this the right way to apply that correction? its still inconclusive there and there is a bit of conflicting information and experiences.

What do you think?

I used the supplied values at first and car runs VERY rich, so I just multiplied the values by 1,16 and results were better, still rich.

I asked from the suplier for advice, but no answer yet.

So I guess I just continue altering/loging with different tvub and krkte values.
zamzu

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »

FYI I had serious leaks in turbo manifold sylinder #1 & #4 pipes. Welding it up and will start all over again with the values I had when it was tialed in before maf sensor change.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 01:16:21 PM »

I used the supplied values at first and car runs VERY rich, so I just multiplied the values by 1,16 and results were better, still rich.

This makes absolutely zero sense.

1) why would you *increase* TVUB if you were running rich?
2) why would *increasing* TVUB make you run less rich?

ECUx Plot

BlackT

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »

If TVUB change during difference in pressure, then returnless fuel sistem will have too many oscilations.
What is not a case...  soo no need to touch TVUB when pressure is changed.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »

If either TVUB or KRKTE end up further from 5-10% or some from theoretical, you're doing some thing wrong, btw.

start with theoretical tvub from datasheet, adjust krkte to get partial to zero
adjust tvub until idle trim is zero

if krkte is now >5% off, something is wrong.

ECUx Plot

zamzu

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 09:44:48 PM »

This makes absolutely zero sense.

1) why would you *increase* TVUB if you were running rich?
2) why would *increasing* TVUB make you run less rich?

Didn't make any sence for me eighter.
zamzu

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 09:56:01 PM »

If either TVUB or KRKTE end up further from 5-10% or some from theoretical, you're doing some thing wrong, btw.

start with theoretical tvub from datasheet, adjust krkte to get partial to zero
adjust tvub until idle trim is zero

if krkte is now >5% off, something is wrong.

I changed my maf sensor at some point, because I noticed old one getting bad (same part I had installed before)... after the change I noticed that car runs rich, so I belived it was something with the sensor... I adjusted it to get flow reading somewhat accurate (between 3,5- 5g/s). After doing so idle AFR was really off, so my next thought was that I had fueling dialed in with my already failing maf sensor.

That's why I ended up with redoing the injectors... but... when I noticed cracks in the manifold I understood that I've sould have checked it firstplace.
zamzu

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 09:43:57 AM »

Ok, so I got myself back on track (exhaust manifold welded and sanded straight)...used the original deadtimes provided by seller and calculated krkte 0.0593 (stft flucktate between - 3 & 3, LTFT = 0 so far.

Everything looks nice, but still one problem persists.
When I kinda kick a little the throttle or accelerate then AFRs go really lean (like lean spike or something) and
go back to normal...no mather on gear or idle.

Could it be failing diverter valve/plugs... what gomes to your mind?

I did raise IDLE tq & rpm a little...so it wouldn't stall in traffic.

What can cause lean spike on acceleration?
zamzu

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »

Thanks for Your help... my issue was TEMIN/VA... got them as low as 0,25 / 0,02 and I'm good to go
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »

Thank you for following up.

ECUx Plot

zamzu

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 11:01:43 AM »

Hi,

a bit more update about my lean condition on idle (when engine not warm) and also on acceleration...

I was almost sure that the dv valve or n249 is something to do with it...or fuel filter... So I changed filter and it felt little better, until... same shit all over again...

Today I finally noticed in my. xdf file I have HSLDSUA parameter (which should have been devided by two since I use 5120 hack)... it wasn't... reason here is that the size should be 16bit...I had 8bit and therefore it showed me 0 (so nothing to devide, also the conversion factor was wrong)...despite that, I had somehow managed to devide it by 4, instead of 2...also the same was with LDUVRS (it was 0 in stock, but 20 in my file)

Quite interesting what you can find in so said working file when changing new MAF sensor.

So at that point I would say it's nothing to do with injectors... my bad.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: