Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8t BC tune surging - Advice  (Read 3326 times)
A2Carat

« on: December 11, 2020, 07:23:40 AM »

Please bare with me here.
I got a tune done on my 1.8t 6spd with ECU ending in BC. Driveability is all good and smooth. Only issue I have is that the power surges under high load (WOT or close to WOT). The engine load percentages go from above 100% and drop to about 5% abruptly the back up. This is usually in the higher RPM ranges (4K-ish). I realize this is all vague. I have tried contacting the tuner and he is no longer responding. The boost pressure peaks at 21psi and then settles around 18psi. It's a stock K03 with a 3" DP and HF cat. I am running stock injectors. No misfires. Everything else is great with the tune.
I can do some logging and post it here - just let me know what I should log? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »

Please bare with me here.
I got a tune done on my 1.8t 6spd with ECU ending in BC. Driveability is all good and smooth. Only issue I have is that the power surges under high load (WOT or close to WOT). The engine load percentages go from above 100% and drop to about 5% abruptly the back up. This is usually in the higher RPM ranges (4K-ish). I realize this is all vague. I have tried contacting the tuner and he is no longer responding. The boost pressure peaks at 21psi and then settles around 18psi. It's a stock K03 with a 3" DP and HF cat. I am running stock injectors. No misfires. Everything else is great with the tune.
I can do some logging and post it here - just let me know what I should log? I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
518bc? if so that ecu is for a 2005 b6 a4. that car has returnless fueling, and with stock injectors youll run out of fuel by 15 psi at redline. ditch the tune before you toss a rod Wink

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
A2Carat

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 01:42:11 PM »

You are correct. It is a 2005 B6. 

The rest of the driveability is great. I suppose I should monitor the lambda sensors if it's running lean at high load. I just don't remember seeing anything out of the ordinary when I was logging with VAGCOM.

What is involve in redoing the tune for TT injectors? I have a set of those that can go in.

I appreciate the reply.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5295.0title=
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4094.0title=

Please obey forum rules. Moved.

Do not post in any other subforum but this one until you read each one's rules.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 01:52:41 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
grayjay

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 03:49:55 PM »

I would suggest that you read all through the 1.8t community tune thread, get familiar with the logging and reading/generating the logging charts that are presented there, particularly those of  boost level and injector duty cycle at higher RPM.   
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6955.0

Note that the final .bin files from that thread should be able to cross-flash to your 2005 ECU and would be much safer that trying to run 20PSI to redline with stock hardware.

Search and read the documentation and forum threads and should find ample info for adapting larger injectors but your really need to be able to first data log before undertaking any tuning and hardware changes . 
bamofo

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »

If you PM the Rom I can take a look. If you want to share it on the forum you will get much better advise.. It just depends how much time you want to invest into finding the problem Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: