Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4D0919933NX '01 Audi S8 cluster dumps plus one matching ECU EEPROM, PIN help?  (Read 3906 times)
rmini

These are direct EEPROM dumps from two clusters, plus one matching ECU dump. VAG Tacho, commander, etc. have not been able to connect to the cluster.

The 010501 dumps are from my ECU and dead cluster (power supply let out the magic smoke). The PIN for these is 9952 (still works to login to ECU with VCDS). Mileage is about 71241 (I'm pretty sure that's what it was before it stopped working).

The 010722 dump is from a used working replacement cluster, to which I don't have the PIN. It shows mileage as 198285 and trip odo is 732.7. I've also attached the current codes from VCDS.

I backed up both EEPROM, and tried writing the contents of the 010501 cluster to the replacement, but it looks like it has different flash. The mileage looked OK and the cluster didn't have any serious codes, but the "Extra" info in VCDS with the VIN and Immo ID was all garbage. I suspect the Immo part of the EEPROM is encrypted differently in newer versions of the cluster software.

Can anyone help me grab the PIN from the EEPROM of the 010722 cluster, or have a virgin EEPROM dump, etc.? If not, enjoy the data regardless.
macxxx

these clusters are crypted so you can't copy epprom from one to another , as I know only Dejavuu can decrypt these clusters - why do want to change them?
rmini

I don't want to change them per se, but the power supply in my original cluster failed and burned part of the circuit board, so I'm just looking to replace it with the good used cluster (that I don't have the SKC/PIN for). I just tried swapping the 24c17 contents because I had the tools at hand.
macxxx

if you have enough soldering skills try to replace the processor from your old cluster ( don't remember which because I hadn't had an A8 cluster in my hands in a few years ) and copy eprom - then the crypto mask will match
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: