Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What bin should I use for a wideband conversion from a 150HP 1.8T engine?  (Read 2695 times)
Klavaro

Hello everyone!

I have searched a lot but couldn't find any info about something like this, any info would be appreciated.

I've got a '00's Mk4 Golf 1.8T AWD code, with 06A906032CL bin.
Bought a wideband ecu from a Passat, with 4B0906018DC bin, which has a 05.12 bootrom.
Anyone knows what bins could be most suitable for me? I'd be happy if I wouldn't need to modify a lot of maps.
My engine has a K03, no EGT, no VVT.

Thanks in advance Smiley 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 02:44:57 AM by Klavaro » Logged
stuydub

Use the correct BIN for the ECU..
stuydub

Get a ECU from a GOLF 032 HS HN HJ and do the necessary changes to disable VVT and deletes
Klavaro

Get a ECU from a GOLF 032 HS HN HJ and do the necessary changes to disable VVT and deletes

Hopefully I can crossflash the Passat ecu, since I already bought it.
If I'm right those bins are for AUM engine code, or similar, AUM has the K03s, wouldn't that be a problem?
_nameless

You can't flash a mk4 file to anything usdm passat 018d?, it will brick the ecu. Also the passat case is not water proof and will forsure corrode the ecu on a short time

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

You may flash mk4 file into 05.12 bootrom passat ecu with eeprom
But as marty said passat ecu are non-waterproof and you should seal it with silicone gasket or fit passat pcb into golf case with slighlty modified pcb
-
Klavaro

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the waterproof thingy. I searched half a day on eBay for an ecu near my country with a suitable bootrom. (All other ecus were 06.02 from passats/audis, no idea why no golf/A3/etc getting parted out in Eastern Europe)

Still K03 compared to K03s shouldn't matter that much regarding OEM bins, right? I don't plan running higher power than the 180 bins. After all I could make changes if something's way off.
Sandstorm3k

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the waterproof thingy. I searched half a day on eBay for an ecu near my country with a suitable bootrom. (All other ecus were 06.02 from passats/audis, no idea why no golf/A3/etc getting parted out in Eastern Europe)

Still K03 compared to K03s shouldn't matter that much regarding OEM bins, right? I don't plan running higher power than the 180 bins. After all I could make changes if something's way off.
You should, i don't know the exact differences but look for them yourself and change accordingly. People have been swapping K03 for K03s without software so i can't imagine it'll be that bad. But while you're at it, might aswell compare maps and make sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: