Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.8t awp crank but no start  (Read 10256 times)
chill gates

I became a full member by talking to myself lol

« on: January 05, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »

Openly looking for suggestions my brothers. Wrapping up a build and I'm having trouble getting it to fire up. Managed to get a couple backfire the other day after finding a broken ground but still nothing. Originally the 032hs ecu was not communicating because of damaged pins so I flashed an original awp file to another one while going about the immobilizer the quick way and swapping the chip. Do I need to actually defeat it? And just about everything on the car is new sensor ,ignition, fuel system wise.... appreciate any help

**** if your car wont start then you don't have to post logs....
chill gates

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 12:59:14 AM »

Marty you were spot on with it completely consuming all of your free time lol. Honestly at this point I'm willing to pay for a base map just to get it started. Only new addition to car is I went to a gt35r but still same 620s on a 4bar.

_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:12:47 AM »

fuel lines on the fuel rail backwards? maf installed backwards? any codes? have you verified timing?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
chill gates

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 05:30:51 PM »

fuel lines correct i think.... (one going to large side of fuel rail is the one closest to the firewall, blue return?) mas has the element exposed on the bottom of sensor.... yes i verified timing.......... first crank attempt i did hear something that i didnt like but instantlly went away. maybe dry cam tensioner at first.. did pull valve cover and didnt seem like any valve interferance took place. but i know that breaking valves on these motors is damn near silent and instant.

chill gates

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

gedting a abs controller code but i think i have a wss disconnected

and as of this morning i lost comunication with ecu.... swapped to another and i get the check engine light verifing connection but not sure if i can write an 032hs file to a 032cl that i grabbed from the scrap yard. but now theres the 01314 no ecm code

chill gates

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 05:55:36 PM »

fuel lines on the fuel rail backwards? maf installed backwards? any codes? have you verified timing?

think i made a mistake on the ecu side of some sort and thats a seperate deal.... but after reading another post i wonder if i got sold some fake defective injectors. purchased from a local shop. everything else came from creditable online vendors. gonna swap them out.

can i flash onto a 032cl tiptronic ecu? or am i going to get yelled at for asking? lol  Grin sorry to bug ya buddy appriciate you

doublerwest

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 07:09:50 PM »

Openly looking for suggestions my brothers. Wrapping up a build and I'm having trouble getting it to fire up. Managed to get a couple backfire the other day after finding a broken ground but still nothing. Originally the 032hs ecu was not communicating because of damaged pins so I flashed an original awp file to another one while going about the immobilizer the quick way and swapping the chip. Do I need to actually defeat it? And just about everything on the car is new sensor ,ignition, fuel system wise.... appreciate any help
do you have spark compression fuel and fire gotta start with those first then check compression with a guage and then timing also and that will help if ecu is good!

W357
chill gates

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 10:10:04 PM »

do you have spark compression fuel and fire gotta start with those first then check compression with a guage and then timing also and that will help if ecu is good!

All checking out good. Nothing was rushed at all. Iridium  ngk. new coils new harness new f pump new for new fuel filter Still know just about enough to get me in trouble tuning. Going to check compression tonight.

_nameless

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 07:17:37 AM »

can i flash onto a 032cl tiptronic ecu? or am i going to get yelled at for asking? lol  Grin sorry to bug ya buddy appriciate you

032cl is manual awd narrowband ecu, it wont cross flash. where are you located?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
chill gates

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »

Central California

chill gates

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 04:23:27 PM »

what would cause int ecu communication? was able to connect this morning again and then vcds froze while testing. cycled ignition and lost link

chill gates

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »

got communication back
reflashed 032hs bin
now have a dtc p0601 internal checksum error

adam-

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 01:12:57 PM »

Never cross flash unless you know what you're doing.  If you have checksum errors you're flashing bad files.
chill gates

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »

Its a project i planned on making a couple mistakes. troubble shooting said mistakes is whats happening right now just to catch you up. solid advice regardless  Grin

chill gates

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 01:30:43 PM »

this is file i used

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: