Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My car RPM keeps oscilating at idle, laggy pedal, no vacuum leak, 1.8T.  (Read 4141 times)
Parati

Hello guys, I come here after some 6 months of investigations over this engine. Since I got the car at the beginning of the year, I've been trying to fix the problem. The car runs fine for anything above 2000RPM. But under that mark, the accelerator pedal is laggy, so that I press it and the car opens the Throttle body, injects fuel, but retards timing, in a manner that the car does not move forward for some half a second.
This problem is seemly very related to my rough idle, where the car RPM keeps going Up and down, again with timing retards.
I'm leaving a log that shows the problem happening in real time.
I do have access to a tuning flashing tool and have been trying to change some key parts of the map in the search for the anwser. Attatched is my file, if anyone need to have a look at it to determine any problem (Be aware this file is far from stock, the car is heavily modified, won't work with your engine, don't try it).
The car have a k04 turbo, big injectors, 1,9L displacement and other things, but it was tuned by a renowed guy in my country, so it runs pretty well, as long as you stay above 2kRPM. The car does not seem to have any mechanical problems, as I have been investigating this for 6 months. Tried diferent throttle bodys, O2 sensors and many others, so I really believe it is a problem with some tunning. Maybe into the KFMIOP part of things.

Any one can shine some light over here? There is no professional in a 2000km radius that will resolve this problem. I am very familiar with tuning and motors, just lack the intimacy with the ME7.5, thanks in advance.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »

that log is quite useless.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Parati

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 06:33:48 PM »

I'm sorry, could you suggest a more suited one? My KKL cable is a a CH430 chip, so it won't work  with nefmoto logging software. I only have my VAG COM to resort to.
Parati

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 07:56:14 PM »

So, I was navigating my map, looking for something wrong and found out that both KFMIZUFIL and KFMIZUOF were maxed out at 100%. That can't be good right? Thinking of reverting those for stock ish under the 2000RPM area, to see if it helps to smoothen the idle.
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 08:27:34 PM »

So, I was navigating my map, looking for something wrong and found out that both KFMIZUFIL and KFMIZUOF were maxed out at 100%. That can't be good right? Thinking of reverting those for stock ish under the 2000RPM area, to see if it helps to smoothen the idle.
Those maps are for torque monitoring/intervention nothing to do with idle.

Ch340 works with visual/me7logger.
Parati

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 08:29:30 PM »

How come can I use the Ch340 with the logger? It says explicitly  on a lot of pages that it does not work. Any tutorial I'm missing?
Blazius

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »

How come can I use the Ch340 with the logger? It says explicitly  on a lot of pages that it does not work. Any tutorial I'm missing?
Ch340 based usb to serial works fine with anything that requires serial passthrough, it wont work with software which uses ftdi direct dll's like Nefmoto flasher. I hope you are not trying to use the embedded one. Use nothing but VisualME7Logger.
Parati

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »

Oh, I will try this then, thnx for the info. Keeping with the thread, I've tried some things with the timing, but it did not change anything with the idle problem. I think I will remove my 3step, which is in series with the spark plug coils, it may be interfering.
Parati

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 07:04:06 PM »

I got the loggin software working, thanks for the super useful tip. But considering the problem described for my car, could you please suggest any parameter to be logged? I was thinking of something timing related, or something to do with it, becase the car idles fine when I start it, but then all of a sudden the throttle opens a lot, fuel is injected, but the revs go down and the car almost stalls before recovering to an RPM overshoot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: