Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Turbocharging AVK 3.0 V6 ME7.1.1  (Read 4320 times)
Garo

« on: February 09, 2021, 12:12:25 AM »

Hi, I'm new in this forum and I hope to find some help from you guys

I'm turbocharging the non-turbo engine and have some questions about building LOADS in ECU, recognize boost correctly with 0-2.5 MAP(from 1.8t) sensor instead of 0-1 bar MAP (stock), MAF limits, injector scaling and of course correct VVT working.

Ideas like: "just throw in 2.7t" did not work because of VVT. I need both IN/EX cams working VVT for response and low to mid RPM torque advantage  because this is a heavy street car

It's A4 B6 3.0Q MT
ECU 0 261 207 794 (8E0 909 559E)
SW 1037366812

Any damos, mappak, xdf, xml, experience or info sharing will be helpful

Thanks in advance
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 01:42:52 PM »

Not going to happen. Recommend standalone or starting with an ECU that can do FI natively.

This is way too big a project for a novice. Adding FI to a non-FI ME7 ECU is almost impossible, even for an expert.

VVT is quite literally the least of your concerns, and is an odd reason to eschew a proper FI motor and ECU

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 12:42:55 AM »

load cap are at 0x77FBC and 0x77FC2 16 bit (LoHi) same factor as KFMIRL Grin. Just throwing it out there though as nate said, go standalone. These ecus are load based and when you throw boost at them they have no idea what to do with it. What I just gave you is pure gold. to make use of it youll need to do A LOT of reading. look into the 24v vr6 turbo threads it will help you a lot with this. big disadvantage you have is no public damos exist for that software version. tho i do believe if you do some looking you can find a partial map pack that a old member made for the same engine code you can use to compare or cross flash that and build off that. your aspirations are very ambitions, just thinking about what youre going to have to learn from the ground up is near impossible. Forum members are not too keen on sharing info too specially if the info is profitable. Im willing to help where i can within reason and i wish you luck 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 01:23:02 AM »

heres a start of a map pack for you its not much, got about 20 min into it. has ignition maps (axis values are wrong), lamfa (fueling), irl(load), iop(torque) mlhmf (maf scaling), and load caps. ill look into it more if i have free time, getting tired so this is what you get for tonight.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Kompiesto

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:07 PM »

Not going to happen. Recommend standalone or starting with an ECU that can do FI natively.

This is way too big a project for a novice. Adding FI to a non-FI ME7 ECU is almost impossible, even for an expert.

VVT is quite literally the least of your concerns, and is an odd reason to eschew a proper FI motor and ECU

I agree 101%. I tuned my vr6. I fighted year to make car driveable like original turbocharged. In project like this, good point is expanded turbo controller. I builded my own boost controller... live tuning, can-bus ecu data read, boost protectons.... etc. Turbo control on simple EBC or only WG spring, working very jerky and car is annoying in normal light driving.
I saw a lot of vr6 tuned... driving very bad. Turbo and throttle works 0-1... a lot of tuners say is tuned ok...but..is not ok.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:27:22 PM by Kompiesto » Logged
Garo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 11:58:54 PM »

Thanks to all of you for sharing info, files etc...
I can use standalone 24/7, but I want to use ME7 instead. I think it's nothing impossible. But I can't do what I want without your help because forum's knowledge in ME7 is colossal. I have a project car where we can test different solutions. I'm 99% sure that the 2.7t and 3.0 have a same soft structure except load "understanding" via boost (MAP sensor), VVTs and other engine specific differences.
Can we use 1.8t/2.7t MAP in this ecu? What maps do we have to change/swap? I think it's first step to understand boost/load. Boost control not necessary.
Can we use second MAP signal instead of MAF signal? With software corrections of course. I know it is not easy to do, but I think someone did it already Cheesy

I will check everything you guys told me and report back
Thanks a lot
BlackT

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 01:57:27 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15701.0

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=17376.0

and soo on... , search on forum, you are not only one with this idea
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »

But I can't do what I want without your help because forum's knowledge in ME7 is colossal.

IOW you totally ignored everything I wrote.

I'm 99% sure that the 2.7t and 3.0 have a same soft structure

What is SYTURBO?

Answer that question, and you'll realize what you just wrote doesn't help you.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:49:28 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 07:38:56 PM »

update map pack

_nameless

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 09:44:21 PM »

FWIW I added a shit ton of map. Including vvt and intake runner flaps and ashit ton more

Garo

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 11:58:56 PM »

It is a tons of info I have to absorb.
Thank you very much

sorry nyet I do not know what means SYSTURBO yet.
forum search did not find anything

Thanks to all!
Kompiesto

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 04:21:12 AM »

It is a tons of info I have to absorb.
Thank you very much

sorry nyet I do not know what means SYSTURBO yet.
forum search did not find anything

Thanks to all!

now you should know that you are in deep forest.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »

Ironically I misspelled it too. Fixed in the original post lol

ECUx Plot

Garo

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 10:55:12 PM »

now you should know that you are in deep forest.
It's much better than desert Cheesy

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 10:02:59 AM by Garo » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 12:04:48 AM »

Just get a 2.7t or go standalone.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: