Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Help for tuning the first time rightly KFMIOP / KFMIRL / KFMIZUFIL / KFMIZUOF  (Read 6661 times)
andre-77

stop lifting during log.

Get a log with wot to redline.

I’m always goes to the redline without lifting the foot.

Actually, I take that back. DO NOT GO WOT. What is up with your WG? Is it not working?

You are going to blow up your turbo or motor or both.
Sorry but why? Have you read my old post about my engine setup? I’ve not the stock turbo but an hybrid one, I haven’t the stock rods but the H beam ones, I’ve upgraded spring valves, mono mass flywheel, stage 3 clutch, 550cc injectors ecc... so Im not blowing anything I’m just trying to get the best from my engine.

Also why are you requesting boost near the map limit?

You need to stop getting distracted by the complicated stuff and fix the basics.

I’m requesting boost near to the MAP limit because who’s designed the Turbo (Mr. Bill Brokman from Badger 5) suggested me, according to my engine setup, to set up the boost around 1.7 bar.
And that’s I’ve done.
So please if you want to comment my log I’ll really appreciate the efforts to help me to set rightly my engine but if you want to help me please try to get the full scenario first.
nyet
Administrator

1) Do not run req near the MAP limit without the 5120 hack. Period. If your tuner tells you otherwise, fire them. I don't care how built your motor is. If the ECU isn't aware you are overboosting, you could easily blow something up, even if *you* think you aren't overboosting.
2) KFPED is not 100% to redline in your last log. If you tried to use the filter in ECUxPlot this would be immediately obvious to you, which shows both ped and throttle plate well under 100%
3) You need to rethink whatever you are doing in the PID completely before touching anything else
4) You need to make sure you NEVER go over the MAP limit on actual boost, period.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 02:14:59 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
andre-77

1) Do not run req near the MAP limit without the 5120 hack.
I’ve tried to do the 5120 hack, I asked help many times in this community but without any success...
Please tell me why are so bad? I can’t easily goes in open loop mode?

2) KFPED is not 100% to redline in your last log. If you tried to use the filter in ECUxPlot this would be immediately obvious to you.

Ok I’ll try again

3) You need to rethink whatever you are doing in the PID completely before touching anything else

Ok, so what’s your advice or better, which will be the right strategy for rethinking my PID?
nyet
Administrator

I’ve tried to do the 5120 hack, I asked help many times in this community but without any success...
Please tell me why are so bad? I can’t easily goes in open loop mode?

The opposite. DO NOT RUN OPEN LOOP. Period. Until you get it working, stay at 21 PSI or lower until you get a working 5120 file. If you didn't intend to do this from the start (and had plans for it) you should not have chosen the turbos you did.

Ok, so what’s your advice or better, which will be the right strategy for rethinking my PID?

Dunno, but whatever you are doing currently does not merit working on whatever you think your "next steps" are.

A quick glance at actual vs requested should tell you as much.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
andre-77

The opposite. DO NOT RUN OPEN LOOP. Period. Until you get it working, stay at 21 PSI or lower until you get a working 5120 file. If you didn't intend to do this from the start (and had plans for it) you should not have chosen the turbos you did..
Ok, so first which are the right MAP sensor to replace for reading around 5 bar? Ok I’ll try to perform a 5120 map.

Dunno, but whatever you are doing currently does not merit working on whatever you think your "next steps" are.

A quick glance at actual vs requested should tell you as much.

Always a cryptic answer...I noticed that I’ve a problem with the actual vs requested but I hoped to get a better answer and or advice to correct the problem, but ok I’ve understand that I’ve to perform a map under the MAP limit until I’ll perform a 5120 one.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: