Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unknown Ecu Tune 8D0 907 551 M  (Read 3089 times)
nickw

« on: February 16, 2021, 01:05:59 AM »

Bought a 2001 audi s4 rolling chasis to play with and the guy I bought it off said the ecu in it was a stock tune, I decided to mess around with it and found it is not stock at all... The ecu has a Dahlback Racing security seal on it but its clearly been opened up since, the ecu shell is labeled 8D0 907 551 H however with the help of bootmode the flash comes back as an 8D0 907 551 M. Ive tried to use beyond compare to cross reference the file with a stock 8D0 907 551 M file but am lost. All I care about is to know what "stage" the file is and what the boost request is set at. If an experienced user would be willing to check out the file and let me know that would be great, will not be posting the .bin publicly or handing it out to everyone and their cousin.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 01:11:55 AM »

Bought a 2001 audi s4 rolling chasis to play with and the guy I bought it off said the ecu in it was a stock tune, I decided to mess around with it and found it is not stock at all... The ecu has a Dahlback Racing security seal on it but its clearly been opened up since, the ecu shell is labeled 8D0 907 551 H however with the help of bootmode the flash comes back as an 8D0 907 551 M. Ive tried to use beyond compare to cross reference the file with a stock 8D0 907 551 M file but am lost. All I care about is to know what "stage" the file is and what the boost request is set at. If an experienced user would be willing to check out the file and let me know that would be great, will not be posting the .bin publicly or handing it out to everyone and their cousin.
Why not just start fresh? This whole forum stared on the basis of b5 s4 tuning. Anything you could possibly want to do is been documented and you have the benefit of having it all directly related to your platform. 

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nickw

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 06:30:20 AM »

I fully intend to tune the car myself once its put together, this question is strictly for the purpose of reselling the ecu and being able to state what the ecu is tuned for. The tune on the ecu will be useless to me as im either going with a big single turbo or a vr6t swap.
nickw

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 06:33:45 AM »

I suppose I can throw it in my 2000 s4 and take it for a quick rip the next time I pull it out of the garage, but I was pretty sure I read that the cluster had to be adapted to run with an M box ecu
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 06:10:30 PM »

this question is strictly for the purpose of reselling the ecu and being able to state what the ecu is tuned for.

99% of buyers of 2.7t ECUs will be flashing over it as soon as they get it. You won't be able to get much of a premium by stating this, IMO, unless you really find a sucker.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 06:13:38 PM »

BTW if you are a noob, i guarantee you will get better results keeping a 2.7t and a twin turbo setup. Don't buy the single turbo or even more silly vr7 hype. The fastest+most reliable B5s are still some variation of APB/AZR/BEL tt.

If you intend to find someone else to tune, or you intend to go standalone, of course, go for it, you're in their hands anyway (or at the mercy of a safety free standalone), good luck.

my opinion of course, YMMV.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nickw

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 06:44:45 PM »

if I keep a 2.7t in it or even vr6 swap it the car will have a compound setup, and if I do swap to a vr6 I was going to splice the harnesses to utilize a vr6 ecu. ive been messing around with 1.8t engines on here for close to two years now and am fairly comfortable with tuning them, haven't done any big turbo stuff yet but soon, if just got to read up on how to tune the different waste gate springs and such.
_nameless

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:35 PM »

if I keep a 2.7t in it or even vr6 swap it the car will have a compound setup, and if I do swap to a vr6 I was going to splice the harnesses to utilize a vr6 ecu. ive been messing around with 1.8t engines on here for close to two years now and am fairly comfortable with tuning them, haven't done any big turbo stuff yet but soon, if just got to read up on how to tune the different waste gate springs and such.
oof. We got another dreamer here

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 12:12:06 AM »

if I do swap to a vr6 I was going to splice the harnesses to utilize a vr6 ecu.

This is not going to work. The only way to turbo a vr6 properly is with standalone, and even then you had better have had a ton of standalone experience or you are going to grenade a motor unless you are very very careful, in which case your vr6 won't make even close to what even a rudimentary stage3 k04 2.7t will make.

Making more power (safely) than a k04 2.7t on a vr6 requires a ton of experience. Very few people get it right. The streets are littered with vr6 parts belonging to mouthbreathers who read that the vr6 is the best.

You are best off learning the basics on something much more reasonable. I sense though that you aren't the type of person to listen to advice from people with experience, or you wouldn't have it in your head to do a vr6 in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 12:15:04 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

nickw

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 12:53:23 AM »

Was just debating a vr6 swap for ease of turbo swaps and such similar to a 1.8t, the vr6 sounds nice as well... I guess as of right now ill keep it a 2.7 and upgrade turbo's so to not change a ton of variables at once.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 03:23:05 AM »

Was just debating a vr6 swap for ease of turbo swaps

This is actually a good reason, one of the better ones.

I guess as of right now ill keep it a 2.7 and upgrade turbo's so to not change a ton of variables at once.

Yes, it would be best to learn that way, though you will regret having to pull the motor twice if you do want to go vr6.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: