Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Understanding the Me7.5 Problems With Kess and Immo  (Read 7286 times)
Burnman6666

« on: February 14, 2021, 09:35:44 AM »

Hello Girls and Guys iam new to the Chiptuning Topic so i have many Questions.

I build a Mk4 1,8t for my girlfriend.
I got a Kit from Friend: K04 001, 380 Injectors different MaF and a Ecu with Software.

I bought a Kess V2 Clone to Read out the Software of the Ecu to Check where are the differences to original ecu and discover how things work.

So now my Problems:
1. Cant Read the Software from the new Ecu Thru Obd didn´t work.
2. Cant Drive the Ecu because it was in a Seat, my friend works as mechanic for Vw and tryied to learn it in Car but didnt work. He said its because its got a seat vin. The Immo has to get switched off by Somebody. He cant do it.

Questions:

1.Is the Me 7.5 normaly readable thru the diagnostic port or does it only work right on table?
2.Is the Immo in the big File you read with kess or only in the little Chip what can be read  on desk with K-Tag or other tools?
3. What possibilities i have to use the ecu? Do i need to modify the "big" File or the file from the "little" chip so i have to buy different Hardware.

I read allready the file off the Stock Ecu with the kess clone but the File Seems to be rubbish.
I searched for Maps and didn´t found a single one. So i downloaded a Oe File from the Forum and noticed that in my file is not a single map.

Would be lucky about some Informations
Greetings from Cold Germany

Attached The File of The original Ecu and the file from forum to compare.
Think that should be the Same but they arrent.

d3irb

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »

Hi,

1) A stock ME7.5 can be read over OBD, but yours is not stock! Because your new ECU has "software" (aftermarket tune) installed, you will have more trouble than it is worth trying to mess with it. If you want to reuse the HW you will need to uninstall the software. To do this you will need to open up the ECU and see if it has a riser card in it. If it does not have an extra card inside, you can probably reprogram it to stock BIN in boot/bench mode and start from there. If it does have an extra card inside, you will need to remove the riser card, install a normal flash chip and reflash with a stock file. My guess is that you have a riser card and this is probably why the read is scrambled, although with that clone HW in the mix too you have added a lot of different variables. Because your new ECU has "software" on it it is not safe to read/write it over OBD.

2) The IMMO is in both places, but it is easiest to turn it off in the "little" one (EEPROM). The "big" chip is called Flash, it has the software operating system which runs your ECU on it. So, the actual programming code that checks the IMMO is here in Flash, and it is possible to bypass IMMO by replacing the software on the "big chip" with software without IMMO. The "little" chip is called EEPROM, and it has the car specific variables on it like VIN, IMMO configuration, trouble codes, adaptations, workshop logs, variant coding.

It is easiest to disable IMMO on most ME7.1/7.5 by editing the "little" chip using http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0 and http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1168.0title= .

3) See 1. You will need to uninstall the aftermarket software which might require removing a riser board or might just be boot mode.
Burnman6666

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 10:25:13 AM »

Thank you very much for your detailed Answer.

The file i Attached is from the Ecu which is actually in the car and runs.
In this ecu is a kind of Bridge because its Switchable between original and a chipped File.
So that will be the Problem in the File.

I will Check what is in the Seat Ecu.

So i Understand right?  Modify the Immo In the EEprom will solve my Problem and i can Use the Seat ECu in my MK4?

Thank you very much.
Burnman6666

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 03:12:00 PM »

So with the great help of the forum i finally sucessed reading the Software out of the ecu and deactevated the Immo in the Eeprom.
The car runs. Still some Problems with not enough Fuel but will fix that with a bigger pump.

So Far so good but some Questions left:

I have now a file from a Ecu 06A906032 DE

On which Ecu can i Flash this File ?  Does it work on every Me7.5 1,8t or only 06A906032 or does it even has to be one with DE on the End?  Huh

Thanks very much for all the great input and hints.

Greetings from Germany
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 02:27:38 AM »

I'll share my 2 cents;

Seat or VW Ecu doesn't matter. The vin doesn't matter either. What does matter is the type of immobilizer.

From my own experience you *should* be able to match any IMMO 2 ecu to IMMO 2 car. Same applies for IMMO 3 ecu in IMMO 3 car. This procedure is done through VCDS and is very straight forward. The only reason i can imagine your friend was not able to do it is becuase you have an immo 2 car and immo 3 ecu or vise versa. <2002 is most likely immo 2 and >2002 is most likely immo 3. 2002 could be either one.

Now one option would be to indeed immo off, but i would only use as a last resort.

I use the 032DE file myself aswell (on my AUQ), it comes from an AUQ I know AUM and AUQ are 99% identical. From memory i think AUM uses 032DR. These files are almost identical aswell and can use the same definitions.

The 032DR is also very well defined on the forum, and I made some (small) additions to it personally. I have attatched it for you.
Burnman6666

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 07:08:52 PM »

Hey Sandstorm3k thank you very much, i dont know exactly which Immo the car has.
It has a Dash which is a littlebit special its a Bosch Dash may that is a Problem.
Even the manufacture Year is special its 06/2001 so it built in 2001 and Model 2002.
Anyway the car is running with Immo off.
Will look into your file and compare it to my.
Your file is a Original Auq? What changes has been made?

Greetings
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 01:48:59 AM »

It's not a bin, it's just the definition for one.

I've attached a completely stock 032DE bin for you to use. No changes have been made. I recommend you read the wiki and the community stage 1/2 threads on the forum.

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#ME7_Documentation
Burnman6666

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »

Oh i thought it is a bin but now i see its a xdf.

Thanks very much.

Will check both files and the threads about the stages.
Burnman6666

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 02:43:19 PM »

I read the page on the wiki.
Really interesting information but may there is a difference to the Ecu i Use?
The 2.7 seems to have a narrow band Lambda and goes open loop when Lambda is under 1.
The Auq or Aum 1,8t seems to have a wideband Lambda and dosn´t goes Open Loop right?
So if i set Lamfa to 0.8 in high rpms and high load the ecu will try to enrich fuel till it reaches the value if possible?
Or does the Ecu only use it for monitoring?

Thanks and greetings.
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 03:02:58 PM »

I read the page on the wiki.
Really interesting information but may there is a difference to the Ecu i Use?
The 2.7 seems to have a narrow band Lambda and goes open loop when Lambda is under 1.
The Auq or Aum 1,8t seems to have a wideband Lambda and dosn´t goes Open Loop right?
So if i set Lamfa to 0.8 in high rpms and high load the ecu will try to enrich fuel till it reaches the value if possible?
Or does the Ecu only use it for monitoring?

Thanks and greetings.
If you set LAMFA to something like 0.83 on high load the ECU will indeed follow this path. ECU will always try to use the richest path.
Burnman6666

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »

Good Information thanks !  Grin
stuydub

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 03:19:37 AM »

to run a me7.x immo 2 in immo 3 the immo needs to be off sames as going the other way unless u swap the immo data over to keep immo intact..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: