Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bentley ME7.1.1  (Read 2364 times)
gtrkiwi

« on: February 20, 2021, 12:52:45 PM »

Hi all, needing some help please.
I read my ecu through obd2 using kess v2, no problems. When reflashing with a stage one map again using kess v2 it stalled and bricked my ecu.
Since then I have had it repaired but have a spare ecu I bought just in case, which was not needed in the end.
I have been reading the spare ecu on the bench using nefmoto (practicing) and find it is awesome and easy to use. However when I attempt to reflash the ecu with the same map that is in it, it won’t write as it says immo not recognised or something to that effect.
Is this because the key is not recognised as the ecu is wired up on the bench and not in the car?
If this is the case must it be put into the car to reflash? (I understand the eeprom needs to be reflashed with the correct immo info to do this.)
Is nefmoto stable enough to flash my Bentley via obd2 using a stabilised battery power supply? After my kess experience I am a littler nervous about using obd2 for my bentley.
Alternately, with the ecu on the bench, would putting the ecu into boot mode before flashing bypass the need to do this and allow nefmoto to work?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
bamofo

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:54:00 AM »

Hi all, needing some help please.
I read my ecu through obd2 using kess v2, no problems. When reflashing with a stage one map again using kess v2 it stalled and bricked my ecu.
Since then I have had it repaired but have a spare ecu I bought just in case, which was not needed in the end.
I have been reading the spare ecu on the bench using nefmoto (practicing) and find it is awesome and easy to use. However when I attempt to reflash the ecu with the same map that is in it, it won’t write as it says immo not recognised or something to that effect.
Is this because the key is not recognised as the ecu is wired up on the bench and not in the car?
If this is the case must it be put into the car to reflash? (I understand the eeprom needs to be reflashed with the correct immo info to do this.)
Is nefmoto stable enough to flash my Bentley via obd2 using a stabilised battery power supply? After my kess experience I am a littler nervous about using obd2 for my bentley.
Alternately, with the ecu on the bench, would putting the ecu into boot mode before flashing bypass the need to do this and allow nefmoto to work?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Yes bootmode flash it for sure and it will be fine. I have issues with Kess clone as well. for Bootmode i use the old faithful Galleto 1260. Never lets me down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: