Pages: [1]
Author Topic: editing ME7.5 soft coding  (Read 4587 times)
volts

« on: February 17, 2021, 11:04:56 AM »

Hi,

does anyone know how could I edit the ecu soft coding (me7.5 - 2000 a4 1.8tq)?

I had an immo off mod done and since then the ECU has been throwing me a failed TCU communication code, EPC stopped working and the clutch pedal switch doesn't register.
My guess is the car is coded as an automatic, looking at the soft coding in VCDS, it's "16581" - which by some chart, should be a north american, FWD, multitronic car.
But my car is an EU, quattro, 5spd...

VCDS won't accept my new coding...

Any info on how to solve this is greatly appreciated,
sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm still learning Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:53:16 AM by volts » Logged
grayjay

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 11:42:20 AM »

Soft coding is stored on the EEPROM. Use boot mode to download the EEPROM .bin file and then you can use tunerpro to edit the soft coding, prior knowledge of the SKC is not needed to change the EEPROM file. Other useful stuff you can do in the EEPROM includes reading the SKC (so you can clone original ECU SKC to another ECU), turn off immobilizer, change the VIN to match car if you have a replacement ECU.   
Be sure to reset the check sums after making any changes to the EEPROM file then you can boot mode flash the updated file back to the ECU. Really helps to have a bench harness (made form old spare ECU harness) to do the boot mode flashing since you need to open the case of the ECU. 
dal

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 04:37:06 PM »

I made my own harness with a power switch.
But there are options ready to use on aliexpress for example.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1586346900.html

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
stuydub

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 06:12:19 AM »

Never needed SKC to change softcoding...SKC only needed for immo to pair to cluster unless it immo 2 which its not needed as it doesnt use one
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »

Oh God where this world is going?
volts

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 12:35:10 PM »

Never needed SKC to change softcoding...SKC only needed for immo to pair to cluster unless it immo 2 which its not needed as it doesnt use one

I thought the SKC was needed because VCDS won't accept the coding, after reading through some forums people were saying a login is needed to perform this...
volts

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 12:36:59 PM »

What do you mean? It's literally posted in the noob questions category...
I tried changing the soft coding with VCDS, but it won't accept it, so I'm trying to learn how to "force" it on.
volts

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »

Everyone starts out somewhere and it's very dissapointing to get replies like this even after avoiding the main forums to not disturb the more technical threads with experienced users.
Where would you suggest me asking this question, if not here?
BlackT

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 03:07:20 PM »

What do you mean? It's literally posted in the noob questions category...
I tried changing the soft coding with VCDS, but it won't accept it, so I'm trying to learn how to "force" it on.
You can't force ecu to code something that doesen't exist in flash. If it won't accept coding that is it. You can't do anything more.
macxxx

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 03:33:07 PM »

somebody messed up Eeprom. when doing immo off - maybe wrote some random immodest off Eeprom from other ECU - the best way , revert to original and do immo off as it should be done
volts

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 02:40:58 AM »

You can't force ecu to code something that doesen't exist in flash. If it won't accept coding that is it. You can't do anything more.
Thanks for the reply

I see what you're saying, I've read about this on other forums where I've found out that the software for Auto/Manual is different, which is why the soft coding can't be directly changed.
However, the software on my ECU is the same as it was before the immo off, it's a stage 1 file for a manual.
AFAIK the ECU can refuse to accept the coding out of other reasons as well, like TCU fault codes etc., correct?

If I were to read this eeprom, change the coding value, correct the checksum and write it back, would it not work? The coding should then be the exact same as it was before the immo off, and the flash wouldn't change.
volts

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 02:46:57 AM »

somebody messed up Eeprom. when doing immo off - maybe wrote some random immodest off Eeprom from other ECU - the best way , revert to original and do immo off as it should be done

This is probably true, however getting it back to original is something I can't do right now, the guy that did my immo off is in a different country, so I kind of have to deal with this mess myself.

He did write something off another ECU I think, because the ecu VIN in vcds doesn't match with my car anymore... I think it's an A4 B6 VIN...

Couldn't I just read this eeprom and correct this coding, then write it back? I know it's more complicated than that and I'm willing to learn, I just need to know it's possible

macxxx

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 02:52:25 AM »

Yes you can
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: