Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ols. to Kp.  (Read 4231 times)
rafal3rf

« on: December 02, 2020, 02:22:50 PM »

Hello. Is it possible to convert mappack with the designation ols. to the kp. file. ?
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 02:32:37 PM »

Hello. Is it possible to convert mappack with the designation ols. to the kp. file. ?
ols is a project file that has the file and the map pack in it. kp is map pack only
load the ols in to winols export kp nothing to it really

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
rafal3rf

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »

I know that the projects are also written as ols. but I have a list for my driver that I downloaded from another section on the forum and it is also with the ols ending. and the winols I have only opens KP. files.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:55 PM »

I know that the projects are also written as ols. but I have a list for my driver that I downloaded from another section on the forum and it is also with the ols ending. and the winols I have only opens KP. files.

That's not an ols/kp issue, that's likely an OLS version issue. The format has changed a ton over the decades.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rafal3rf

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 12:31:52 AM »

For learning, I used Winols available on the network, but in this situation it will not help me, the Demo version remains and only use to view map addresses while working on a free program.
I liked TunerPro but due to the lack of a small XDF base, I wanted to try Winols.

So the question is:
Can I convert MapPack to XDF format? Is there only manual search in such a situation?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:33:40 AM by rafal3rf » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 02:03:40 AM »

For learning, I used Winols available on the network, but in this situation it will not help me, the Demo version remains and only use to view map addresses while working on a free program.
I liked TunerPro but due to the lack of a small XDF base, I wanted to try Winols.

So the question is:
Can I convert MapPack to XDF format? Is there only manual search in such a situation?

ecuxplot comes with a kp parser but it only works with a very old version of kps since EVC made the format increasingly impossible to reverse engineer. Presumably intentionally. They don't play nice with others, it's part of EVC's business model. They don't have much interest in making unencumbered, well published, well documented, portable formats like XDF, which is a shame, since .kp is capable of a lot more than XDFs are.

Though XDFs are xml, which makes them trivially extensible, something EVC doesn't seem to care about when architecting (and I use that term loosely) their own formats. I don't think any of their developers have ever had to think about well documented portability/interoperability. It just isn't in their DNA.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:05:48 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Audiquattro44

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »

So the question is:

send me your OLS or Kp and I'll make an XDF or KP out of it
rafal3rf

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »

If there is such a possibility, I will gladly use the help. XDF will be very useful.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:21:51 PM by rafal3rf » Logged
Audiquattro44

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 01:59:38 AM »

Here is it
rafal3rf

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 07:24:51 AM »

Thank you Smiley
rafal3rf

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 04:36:25 AM »

Hello again, science is still moving forward and I noticed many advantages in winOLS, is it possible to convert the MapPack above into a kp file. Huh
Audiquattro44

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »

Yes it is
rafal3rf

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 11:36:57 AM »

Could you help me with this? Change ols. to kp? Wink
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:43:39 AM by rafal3rf » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: