Pages: [1]
Author Topic: flashing from auto to manual  (Read 1671 times)
trevor7008

« on: March 17, 2021, 12:13:09 AM »

I'm well versed in flashing older BMW DME's from auto to manual and my VW's are already manual, however.....
 2003 D2 S8 is being converted to manual, I'm not sure of the ECU number yet, haven't taken it a part yet.
 I've seen threads where it's just flashed through the OBD and others about opening the box and connecting to a chip or disabling the immo.
I want to keep the immo and just want the stock manual program flashed in, so is it the easy way of flashing through the OBD or because it's a Euro file does something have to be done to the immo or ECU itself?
 In the BMW world with the Bosch ME7.2 it's just flash in the new program and the EWS (bmw immo) still works.
Thanks
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 12:23:42 AM »

I'm well versed in flashing older BMW DME's from auto to manual and my VW's are already manual, however.....
 2003 D2 S8 is being converted to manual, I'm not sure of the ECU number yet, haven't taken it a part yet.
 I've seen threads where it's just flashed through the OBD and others about opening the box and connecting to a chip or disabling the immo.
I want to keep the immo and just want the stock manual program flashed in, so is it the easy way of flashing through the OBD or because it's a Euro file does something have to be done to the immo or ECU itself?
 In the BMW world with the Bosch ME7.2 it's just flash in the new program and the EWS (bmw immo) still works.
Thanks
You can soft code these cars from auto to manual or vise versa with VCDS.

Haven't touch an S8 but works like this on same model year Golfs etc.
prj

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 01:20:53 AM »

You can soft code these cars from auto to manual or vise versa with VCDS.

Haven't touch an S8 but works like this on same model year Golfs etc.
No you can not.
Manual is a different file.

Can be flashed OBD.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: