Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi A4 1.8T 5speed 2001 AWM CHbox  (Read 17245 times)
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« on: September 24, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »

Original ECU bin file.

Pulled with NM flashing software and and FTDI cable on a Windows Vista machine.

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
ybuysti

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »

Where did you get the xdf file for this?  Any way you could hook me up with that?  I'm very much a noob at finding the info for this stuff...

Is there a repository of some sort with xdf files for audi's and vw's?
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

I wish I had the XDF file for that...

ybuysti

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »

I gather from that, that you aren't using tunerpro...correct?  Could you fill me in with a little more insight as to what you are using for file def's, or what editing tool you are using? 

Reason being, I just bought an 01 a4 1.8t for the wifey and want to spruce it up a bit.  I'm an experienced evo tuner going on 5 years now, so tuning isn't the issue.  It's a matter of information being all sorts of spread out and being very hard to find programs that coincide with each other. 

I think I may be a little spoiled with the evo community with the ease of finding bin files, xmls, patches for ROM's, the cost of logging software ($25), etc.  I wish there was some sort of repository or host site for all the xdf files and bins for all ecu's of all audi/vw makes and models.

Matthew
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »

Matthew, this is what Tony is trying to do -- and very nicely -- with this forum and his free software. We, and I will include you and I in the bunch here at nefmoto forum, are trying to get to the level where Mitsus and Subbies are in terms of tuning, with concepts like the OpenECU.org and other similar resources.

I am not an experienced tuner. I know the ins and outs of modern engine management, I can code proficiently in C (among others), I have an engineering background and higher education. and I am learning junkie. I am now getting into this, and I am mostly interested in B5 Audis. I also have an A-box S4 and the same A4 as you. And I want to do exactly what you want to do with your wife's car.

I use tunepro and hate it. It runs on WIndows.. it crashes, etc, etc. I do not have an XDF file for this .bin and I would love to get my hands on one. If there are things that we can do to search for maps in the bin and find them and possibly build an .xdf file for the benefit of all, I can assist.

Currently my virtualization is down... and until I get new memory for my laptop it will be. I am working on this right now. As soon as it is up, my tunerpro setup will be functional. When that happens, I'll try to go after the maps in the bin file. A hex editor, some of my own codes and a unix prompt are my weapons of choice.

Sorry I am not much help!

ybuysti

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »

No worries what so ever Smiley 

My problem, is when something new comes out, ie the flashing tool, my patience drops to nil.
I know absolutely nothing when it comes to computers, coding, reverse engineering, etc.  I'm a just a car junky that likes to tune Smiley

I just need to take care of my patience and be thankful that Tony is even doing this.  Kudo's to Tony for taking on such a huge project to make it just as easy as the Evo community has it.  At least the evo community has a big handful of people to make it happen, and that took quite some time.  If/When Tony pulls this off, it will be....well...words can't describe it...I'm thinking Will Ferrel is Old School....Glorious!!
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 07:01:54 AM »

I searched in ecuconnections.com and could not find any AWM motor files.

A4Nick

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »

hey i have a 2000 audi a4 and just wanted to see what your stock bin file looked like but dont really know how to open it haha im new to it and trying to learn as best as i can with researching. i opened tunerpro and tried importing the bin but nothing happened? do you have to have the xdf file as well?
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

I do not have the XDF file. If I had it, you would too...

I went to ECUconnections.com and the dude there has it, or something similar for WinOLS. We can buy it.

A4Nick

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »

well yah i was just wondering if you had to have the xdf file to see the maps. the actual xdf file just names all the maps correct? and the bin file contains all the values of everything?
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »

I am not entirely sure but it makes sense that the XDF file naems the maps, and provides their size and a direct (starting) address in the binary file.

You can look at the XDF file of the S4's M-box that has been the most widely available file around. Look at the text of the XDF and you will get the idea.

I'd like to sit down and make an XDF for the CH-box, but it is a very tedious process and I am not sure I know where to start.

A4Nick

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 10:25:10 AM »

Yah thats what i did, i loaded the xdf file onto tunerpro and there were all the names of the maps but no actual numerical values plugged in, than i uploaded the bin file and thats when everything was filled out. As far as making an xdf file i have no idea, on tunerpro it says you can import an xdf file from the ecu? have you tried that? or does it come out german?
A4Nick

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »

also what software did you use to flash it? i have a p box i believe... my ecu number is 4B0 906 018 P... so could i still use the mbox flash software? Thanks for the help guys
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »

I used Tony's software to pull the flash out of the ECU. I have not modified the flash yet, so I did not have to reflash it back in.

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 02:48:20 PM »

The NefMoto ME7 ECU Flasher shouldn't have any problems reading and writing this ECU.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: