Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Master and slave flashing ME7.1.1  (Read 18305 times)
gtrkiwi

« on: March 30, 2021, 06:15:35 PM »

Hi, I asked this question a while ago but probably in the wrong section....so here it is again.
A question for flashing my Bentley ME7.1.1
It has two ECU's, a master and a slave. How do I go about flashing both using obd2 or must they be removed and bench flashed?
On the bench you then run into immo issues. I tried to flash a spare ecu I have but it messaged immo not recognised or something to that effect and i could not proceed. I am picking it needs to be in the car to be flashed or is there another answer?
Any pointers or info greatly received!
Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 11:22:15 PM »

You'll have to boot mode flash them on the bench, or in car with MPPS, or disable immo

Pretty sure nef won't work with that ECU, but I could be wrong.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
simple2me

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 10:09:10 AM »

Hi, I asked this question a while ago but probably in the wrong section....so here it is again.
A question for flashing my Bentley ME7.1.1
It has two ECU's, a master and a slave. How do I go about flashing both using obd2 or must they be removed and bench flashed?
On the bench you then run into immo issues. I tried to flash a spare ecu I have but it messaged immo not recognised or something to that effect and i could not proceed. I am picking it needs to be in the car to be flashed or is there another answer?
Any pointers or info greatly received!
Thanks.

I had to remove mine and do on the bench. I made a harness to connect both ecms but needed a gateway hooked up so i could connect with VCDS. I didn't have any luck getting my spare ME7.1.1  ST10/C167 ECM's into bootmode. I was able to get my other set with Infineon processor to go into bootmode and use ME7 tool to immo off then KessV2 to read and write.  Was only able to write to ecms by connecting as the master.
gtrkiwi

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 06:20:06 PM »

Thanks, I removed my ECU,s and hooked them up to KTag master...dare I say it a clone. It turns out that even though the casing of my ecu's said they were both ME7.1.1, they are actually ME7.5's....go figure! Easy as with KTag. I was still not able to write back to ECU's on the bench using Nefmoto as immo not recognized (or similar message) comes up and cant proceed. I will keep playing.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 09:15:03 PM »

You won't be able to flash with Nef on bench w/o immo disabled.

ME7.5 and 7.1.1 are totally incompatible, and are for totally different motors, so the rest of your post makes zero sense

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
gtrkiwi

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 04:00:53 AM »

Well I kinda agree but it wasn't me who put ME7.5 into ME7.1.1 casings. My car is an 05 Bentley Gt and unmolested so I can only assume this is how it came from the factory? I hooked it up to Ktag and selected what I thought was the correct protocol for ME7, but it would not proceed. Ktag read and identified the ecu and message said use ME7.5 HW1 protocol...so I did and it worked fine. So yeah, I agree it makes no sense but best store this in the back of your brain for when nothing makes any sense when playing with a Bentley W12. All is perhaps not what it seems.
The spare ecu's I have been playing with are out of an 07 Gt and are definitely ME7.1.1. My project ends here as you are correct, they are not compatible.
Cheers.
simple2me

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »

do you have a photo of the tag on casing?
gtrkiwi

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 11:09:05 PM »

Ok, pictures of the two boards, my 05 ecu board and the 07 ecu board, and my scan tool read info attached. I will have to remove my ecu's to get a picture of the case for you. Never thought to do this before. I will do this next week. Genuine part number for 05 ECU is 07C906018AQ and for the 07 ECU, 07C906018EL.
simple2me

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 06:09:05 AM »

Your 05 ecm looks like mine and your 07 ecm looks like my 06 ecm. I didn't have any luck with the St10 ecms. I used the eeprom tool to remove immobilizer on the 05 ecms and have read and flashed them numerous times.
simple2me

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 06:14:08 AM »

i do see a couple differences but that's probably due to HW changes.
gtrkiwi

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2021, 11:56:09 PM »

Ok, finally had time to remove my ECU's again. Remapped with a more extreme map...and man it is a rocket now! I had hoped to improve fuel economy with the additional low down and mid range torque i now have but no such luck. It is just as thirsty as ever!
Any how...pictures of my ECU case and readouts on Ktag attached. At a loss to explain the 7.1.1 v 7.5 anomaly .....anyone?
gtrkiwi

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 12:42:38 AM »

Your 05 ecm looks like mine and your 07 ecm looks like my 06 ecm. I didn't have any luck with the St10 ecms. I used the eeprom tool to remove immobilizer on the 05 ecms and have read and flashed them numerous times.
It sounds like you know what you are doing when it come to the eeprom tool. Sadly I don't have a clue how to use it. I am more of a nuts and bolts man, so it would be great if you were able to post a short tutorial for dummies? I reckon there would be a number of us who would benefit from this.
FYI my 05 ecu's hook up to KTag easily and read and write without the need for any resistors. The 07 ecu's needed a 1k Ohm resistor hooked in, location and untold help received with gratitude from Bamofo amongst others. Pictures attached. Once the resistor was in place it was a breeze using KTag. Nefmoto did not work on the bench with the immo still in place. Worth investing in some cheap Chinese micro pincer clips for electronics as well. Boot pin hooked up with no soldering and no risk of damaging anything as I am prone to doing!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:58:16 AM by gtrkiwi » Logged
bamofo

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »

Hi Those two ECUs are different processors. Which one is in your actual car right now? The 05 one you can flash with nefmoto without doing immo off. the ST10275F one you can not and will either have to read it in boot mode with galletto 1260 or mpps works for me too. Kess is like MEH... the clone works sometimes and screws it up the other half so i stopped playing with it.

PM me if you would like help. on the 07 one you also need a resistor from CAP + to the top of a resistor. thats why you cant bootmode read it.
bamofo

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 12:19:58 PM »

here is a sloppy picture to get you going. Either way Galletto 1260 has been the easiest to flash all these if you have bootmode.
mdccode5150

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2022, 11:25:05 AM »

Well I kinda agree but it wasn't me who put ME7.5 into ME7.1.1 casings. My car is an 05 Bentley Gt and unmolested so I can only assume this is how it came from the factory? I hooked it up to Ktag and selected what I thought was the correct protocol for ME7, but it would not proceed. Ktag read and identified the ecu and message said use ME7.5 HW1 protocol...so I did and it worked fine. So yeah, I agree it makes no sense but best store this in the back of your brain for when nothing makes any sense when playing with a Bentley W12. All is perhaps not what it seems.
The spare ecu's I have been playing with are out of an 07 Gt and are definitely ME7.1.1. My project ends here as you are correct, they are not compatible.
Cheers.

Don't know if this will help? But, here goes I had similar results with older K-Tag (Clone), I recently did research and found not all clones are created equal. After that I purchased a new one armed with what I found, and it worked perfectly...There is also a fix for the old one's floating around on the net.

Tally-ho Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: