Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R32T Limit Issues  (Read 5629 times)
Praga

« on: April 02, 2021, 06:55:28 AM »

Hello

I have got a R32T to run ok (thanks to help from the Forum).

So everything works fine (lambda control, load control, timing control) until 270/280grams of flow (when I turn the boost up to 1b). Then it hits some sort of limit. The actual load is a steady at 162 at 1b boost, then when the airflow hit 270grams it shoots up to 191 (I think even higher - using VCDS).

I checked the file & found an airflow limit, but it does not seem to be the one holding the car back.

Amy help will be greatly appreciated
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 04:31:00 PM »

what is it with everyone trying to turbo r32s all of a sudden with totally no planning on ECU?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 01:17:29 AM »

what is it with everyone trying to turbo r32s all of a sudden with totally no planning on ECU?

They're becoming affordable.
gt-innovation

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 06:33:47 AM »

It was always like that. Nowdays there are just less people willing to work on those software wise.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 04:21:52 PM »

They're becoming affordable.

They also respond exceptionally well to boost with good power and reliability.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 04:22:29 PM »

They also respond exceptionally well to boost with good power and reliability.

with what ECU?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:02 PM »

with what ECU?

With most any properly calibrated ECU from the re-engineered OE ME 7.1.1 to all major aftermarket ECUs.  Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 09:15:30 PM »

With most any properly calibrated ECU from the re-engineered OE ME 7.1.1 to all major aftermarket ECUs.  Wink

So back to the glass bead trading game. Sad.

ECUx Plot

Joker68

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »

Hello

I have got a R32T to run ok (thanks to help from the Forum).

So everything works fine (lambda control, load control, timing control) until 270/280grams of flow (when I turn the boost up to 1b). Then it hits some sort of limit. The actual load is a steady at 162 at 1b boost, then when the airflow hit 270grams it shoots up to 191 (I think even higher - using VCDS).

I checked the file & found an airflow limit, but it does not seem to be the one holding the car back.

Amy help will be greatly appreciated

Hello , pls who help you? I make Now my aqn 2.3 vr5 t And need help with software .
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 12:22:43 PM »

So back to the glass bead trading game. Sad.

Being disrespectful does not make you right. There are tuners in Europe as well as the U.S. that have properly tuned the OE ME7.1.1 by re-engineering the ECU to have the proper functions for FI. There are also any number of people that have used aftermarket ECUs to properly tune R32 FI engines. The sarcasm serves no purpose towards helping those looking to find a viable solution for their FI R32.

As a moderator of this forum you should show more respect for members.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 01:22:45 PM »

Unfortunately, their efforts are entirely useless for forums like this, since they're not conducive to DIY, the only proper "viable" solution for FI R32 for readers here. If they aren't interested in DIY, they shouldn't be here, and they can just blindly trust their tuner to do right by them. My tuner did not, which is why I got into DIY in the first place. I spent most of my time making sure all information I received (and published) was unencumbered by glass bead trading agreements. That was harder than *literally* anything else.

This forum was started by people who reversed engineered Bosch code and found maps *without the help of FRs*

Would you be insulted if somebody reverse engineered those 7.1.1 images, published their binaries, and published map locations for them?

Who here is willing to make an *unencumbered* R32 turbo file?

Let me guess. Nobody. Sorry, not impressed by anything short of that.

The notion that it is ok to copy/publish stock ECU binaries and reverse engineer them, and publish that info, but nothing else is laughable.

My own rule about publishing 3rd party tunes is not entirely out of "respect" for their authors. They're more because I do not trust them, and nobody should trust them, to learn from.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:29:20 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

prj

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 01:44:38 PM »

There's literally nothing special about doing a R32 turbo file.
Take the stock file, patch the 100% load cap, put my boost control code into it, bake expected pressure ratio into the throttle maps, fit a big enough MAF and you're done.
If you're running single bank (which btw isn't the best idea on VR6 due to the two banks being fed differently, there is a massive richness offset on DDKA and DMEA for example from stock, to not grenade half the engine), then you need another patch for single lambda, but that isn't that hard either.
DSG is more work, but can be solved as well. Manual is literally as easy as I wrote above.

You just need to know what you are doing. And unfortunately in this game, most don't have any clue what they are doing, and the rest usually know just enough to be dangerous, with some exceptions.
What a lot of them can do is yell really loudly though.

And @nyet, disregard what this idiot here says. He probably couldn't tune a radio never mind having any clue about tuning these cars. Look through the post history, the guy is literally here to troll. Never touched an ECU in his life.
HGP's software complete shit from a calibration perspective. Pretty much no ASM mods, everything is decalibrated to hell. MDNORM is stock. Pressure decalibrated to hell in DSG etc.
It's just treated with a garbage-in garbage-out method where nothing means what it is supposed to mean. Spending enough time on the clusterfuck they made it work, but it's far from ideal. No one has "re-engineered" jack shit.
For Mk4 there's a full OEM file floating around with SY_TURBO=1.

P.S.
The reason why so many of these are popping up, is exactly because these cars have become cheap enough and there's lots of eBay cheap parts floating around.
But those who can actually tune these and have them run nice are not interested in tuning a car built by someone on weekends in his shed. It's a huge waste of time, because this someone is going to make all the mistakes that the pros ironed out ages ago.
In fact, almost no proper tuner is going to take on a NA->FI project where they didn't do the build. It's just not worth it in any way. There's going to be hardware problems upon hardware problems upon hardware problems.
So if you want to DIY, better know what you are doing. Just because the eBay manifolds and intercoolers are cheap, and you're gonna spin some wrenches on the weekend doesn't make you a tuner. Because the difficulty has always been in engine control, and not in bolting some bits on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 01:55:04 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Praga

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 02:19:40 PM »

There's literally nothing special about doing a R32 turbo file.
Take the stock file, patch the 100% load cap, put my boost control code into it, bake expected pressure ratio into the throttle maps, fit a big enough MAF and you're done.
If you're running single bank (which btw isn't the best idea on VR6 due to the two banks being fed differently, there is a massive richness offset on DDKA and DMEA for example from stock, to not grenade half the engine), then you need another patch for single lambda, but that isn't that hard either.
DSG is more work, but can be solved as well. Manual is literally as easy as I wrote above.

You just need to know what you are doing. And unfortunately in this game, most don't have any clue what they are doing, and the rest usually know just enough to be dangerous, with some exceptions.
What a lot of them can do is yell really loudly though.

And @nyet, disregard what this idiot here says. He probably couldn't tune a radio never mind having any clue about tuning these cars. Look through the post history, the guy is literally here to troll. Never touched an ECU in his life.
HGP's software complete shit from a calibration perspective. Pretty much no ASM mods, everything is decalibrated to hell. MDNORM is stock. Pressure decalibrated to hell in DSG etc.
It's just treated with a garbage-in garbage-out method where nothing means what it is supposed to mean. Spending enough time on the clusterfuck they made it work, but it's far from ideal. No one has "re-engineered" jack shit.
For Mk4 there's a full OEM file floating around with SY_TURBO=1.

P.S.
The reason why so many of these are popping up, is exactly because these cars have become cheap enough and there's lots of eBay cheap parts floating around.
But those who can actually tune these and have them run nice are not interested in tuning a car built by someone on weekends in his shed. It's a huge waste of time, because this someone is going to make all the mistakes that the pros ironed out ages ago.
In fact, almost no proper tuner is going to take on a NA->FI project where they didn't do the build. It's just not worth it in any way. There's going to be hardware problems upon hardware problems upon hardware problems.
So if you want to DIY, better know what you are doing. Just because the eBay manifolds and intercoolers are cheap, and you're gonna spin some wrenches on the weekend doesn't make you a tuner. Because the difficulty has always been in engine control, and not in bolting some bits on.

Thanks PRJ. I will look into these areas again.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »

Because the difficulty has always been in engine control, and not in bolting some bits on.

This, right here, is why, despite our minor disagreements and fights, we ultimately get along Wink

ECUx Plot

jochen_145

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 11:57:57 AM »

prj, you made my day  Grin

*thumpup*

uhaa  Cheesy , that´s what I´ve expacted..
But running this bended stuff with 800Nm on gearbox, relayeble for sure..
OEM can never run 700Nm in one peak on MQ350/DQ250, because it will crack meachnically  immediatly

For Mk4 there's a full OEM file floating around with SY_TURBO=1
That´s that Rothe dump, I guess..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: