Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi TT goes lean while driving  (Read 4758 times)
TeknoFi

« on: October 09, 2022, 12:30:04 PM »

hi, I have an Audi TT (1.8t AJQ) which has worked well, with

- self-made software (injectors ev14 0280158124, mild "stage1" and just other little tweaks, n249 delete and pedal response changed little bit).
- I note that this error is easily repeatable, not randomly occurring.
- It starts when I start the car that has been standing still for a long time (engine cold) and drive approx. 9 km or 7 minutes. Car starts to "freeze or stall".

I have a mixture meter from which I can see that if I press the gas, the engine goes leaner, in addition, I feel that the engine is shaking. I stop the car, I notice how the car is running really shaky, probably not on all cylinders, the mixture meter still shows close to stoichiometric, but the running shakes. I gently throttle it in place, and it revives in minutes. After that, I can drive all day long until I do the same thing, i.e. I have to start with a cold engine. The car is almost standard except for the injectors and re85 flexfuel kit (ethanol with sensor). The problem started without making any changes to the car. It starts and goes very well when cold the first ~7 minutes. The amount of ethanol doesn't seem to have an effect, I tried normal gasoline, as well as 50/50, exactly the same symptoms, no effect. In the logs, the error starts when the "rpm" graph starts to show a zigzag.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »

Remove ethanol kit. Diagnose from there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 12:31:55 AM »

Injector seizing or coil dead.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
TeknoFi

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 11:33:54 AM »

Problem solved, it was ignition coil.  Smiley
TeknoFi

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 03:26:27 PM »

Another fault replaced it.

Lambda sensors die (fault code from circuit, front o2 sensor voltage too high or too low). Now the third one is put in and it also started playing tricks. In addition, full acceleration is sometimes slow.

Often during wot acceleration the car feels really lazy. Log attached. Doesn't always happen but sometimes.

Fuel pump is Sytec 342em and FP raised to 5bar.

What do you think?

There is strange happenings on MAF, o2, injector duty cycle? reason?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 03:39:10 PM by TeknoFi » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 03:43:59 PM »

FFS man.. Take a proper goddamn log. Single gear, preferably 3rd atleast, low rpm to high pedal to the floor.

What am I supposed to be looking at?
TeknoFi

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »

FFS man.. Take a proper goddamn log. Single gear, preferably 3rd atleast, low rpm to high pedal to the floor.

What am I supposed to be looking at?

I cannot know in advance when this fault will occur. Makes it difficult.
I want you to pay attention between 2499 and 2506, at least:
rpm / maf / tevfagke_w / o2s voltage / lambdacontrol

Shouldn't there be lambda control during wot??

But still it is because the o2 sensor varies lean-rich?

However, there is no ignition retard or anything else that would indicate that it is running lean. Should the o2 sensor correction work during wot? I have been of the opinion that there should be no matter what oxygen sensor says during wot? Am I wrong?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: